• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA's Priorities

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Remember Kugal, most of the furloughees are TWA. APA doesn't give a s*&t about them.

As much as you'd like to believe that's true, APA doesn't care about a furloughee's background - just the fact that they are furloughed from AA, and will be recalled in seniority order - regardless of your previous airline.

As much as you'd like to believe that's true, APA doesn't care about a furloughee's background - just the fact that they are furloughed from AA, and will be recalled in seniority order - regardless of your previous airline.

since seniority is important to you.

so would you support a recall that included the eagle flowthroughs that have numbers higher than some furloughees?

SO when doesn't APA care about backgrounds. Then why are 1988 hires on the street? Completely obvious.....

If they care so much about furloughees then why didn't they push that all TWA furloughees could flowback, not just a few TWA pilots? No difference between furloghees, right?

I seem to remember that after the staple we got a letter from APA saying "we are one pilot group now and we need to put the past behind us....."

One group unless you are TWA then you can't get this part of the contract and some others. Sorry. But let's be united. Oh by the way you still have to pay full union dues even though you don't get the whole contract.

Some of that may have changed since I was furloughed in March 2003 with the new contract. But when we were stapled I remember the contract had a letter at the front telling us which part we got and which we didn't. At the time it wasn't that big of a deal until furloughs started.

"Furloughees don't pay any dues."

Kind of hard to pay dues without a job. I guess getting tossed to the curb by the company doesn't count as having sacrificed for "the cause".

The only organization more disfunctional than AA is the APA.

Yeah, just a little bitter. Best of luck to those that are fighting it out in the trenches.

AA priorities:
1. CEO, BOD, then Management paychecks
2. CEO, BOD, then Management retirements and golden parachutes
3. Shareholder profits
4. Stock Value
998. The color of the stain on the war room's carpet that is under the conference table
999. Employee wages
1000. The smell of the dog excrement the janitor stepped in on his way to work that evening.

Never confuse the union with a top priority at AMR.

"Furloughees don't pay any dues."

Kind of hard to pay dues without a job. I guess getting tossed to the curb by the company doesn't count as having sacrificed for "the cause".

The only organization more disfunctional than AA is the APA.

Yeah, just a little bitter. Best of luck to those that are fighting it out in the trenches.

I hope there not keeping tabs on the furloughees and then charging them for back dues when they return.

I was referring to the fact that TWA pilots pay full dues without getting the full contract, while employed. It should be, you get 80% of the contract so you pay 20% les dues.

I just saw on the Airwise News thread that AA is starting to renegotiate their contract. APA president Breslin indicated what their priorities were. Not suprisingly, recalling the 2700 pilots that have been out of work for the last 5 years was not one of them. No way the furloughees' economic privations are as significant as those who kept their job during this time. Afterall, one AA FO shamelessly posted how he had to sell his .5MILL dream home. Something he worked hard for and deserved...........

What a lovely bunch you are.

I heard...If I had a dollar for every time I heard that. Why don't you post the article? The APA president is Ralph Hunter, and the Comm Char is Denny Breslin. If the article didn't even get the "players" right, how accurate is the article?

AA

P.S. If this is just another of the many digs at AA, and AA pilots then just say so, I don' have the time to sort through the bull********************.

P.S.S AA is renegotiating it's contract? Did you mean AA opened the pilot's CBA early under sect. 6? Could you atleast make a statement that is accurate. As for the 5 million dollar man (excuse me, FO) Every company has it's one percent. You must be your companies.

Last edited:
SO when doesn't APA care about backgrounds. Then why are 1988 hires on the street? Completely obvious.....

What does that have to do with my last post? While you're at it, why are there 1988 USAir hires on the street?

APA never cared about backgrounds, neither does ALPA or any other union. All I'm saying is that APA does not differentiate between a TWA pilot, an AA pilot, an ex ACA pilot, or whatever - if you have a seniority number at this airline, you will be recalled, period, regardless of where you came from.

If they care so much about furloughees then why didn't they push that all TWA furloughees could flowback, not just a few TWA pilots? No difference between furloghees, right?

I don't know the specifics on the flow back, and I'm not saying that was right - but it seems to me that your original quote dealt with not getting recalled in seniority order because you were ex TWA. (which some people seem to believe - completely false.) That's what I' m trying to clarify, but just like any other AA post, it turns into an AA-TWA lovefest, regardless of the subject. At least this is predictable stuff!

Latest resources

Back