• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AAI to SWA Training Schedule

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think you need to face the unpleasant reality that swapa is a very weak union and has minuscule power in not only your destiny, but any pilot's. You give them WAY too much credit. SWA will do what it wants no matter what swapa or AT ALPA say.

Yup.....

I'm amazed that more folks can't or won't accept this reality.

I can't be awarded something that I haven't bid for or won't bid for...If my airplane flies off into the sunset or is used by DL as a money making tool, then I am considered displaced.
RV

Sure you can. There have been times that I forgot to bid and I got a crappy line that I did not bid for. I have also received vacation weeks that I did not bid for. If SWA creates January 15 vacancy that includes XXX 737 TBD FO slots, then you will be an FO. I am not saying that I agree with this, but if I was in your shoes I would work out a budget using SWA FO rates through April '15. I would budget on 85 TFP/mo and use the rate that equates to your longevity. If a miracle happens and you get capt pay...great, but I would not plan on it.

Sure you can. There have been times that I forgot to bid and I got a crappy line that I did not bid for. I have also received vacation weeks that I did not bid for. If SWA creates January 15 vacancy that includes XXX 737 TBD FO slots, then you will be an FO. I am not saying that I agree with this, but if I was in your shoes I would work out a budget using SWA FO rates through April '15. I would budget on 85 TFP/mo and use the rate that equates to your longevity. If a miracle happens and you get capt pay...great, but I would not plan on it.

I see the other points on this issue. It just seems to me to be the right thing to do.

Rv

So, then, when I upgrade again, I will start being paid CA rates as soon as I am awarded the upgrade even though my class may not actually start for another month?

So let me get this straight. You are a junior captain at AAI and bitching you deserve SWA captain pay to stay at home while a SWA F.O. senior to you gets paid SWA F.O. pay? It sounds like someone is complaining that the gold bar they were given is too heavy.

most, if not all, FO's are getting a sizable pay raise when they either transition or upon the the end of AirTran. Most, if not all capts are suffering a loss in pay of variable amounts. There are numerous other threads relating to that subject..Search for yourself. Gold has recently plummeted in value:)

RV

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back