AA will increase to 40/month starting July

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AA will increase to 40/month starting July:beer:[/quote]

Yay. The opportunity of a lifetime (if you're the masochistic self-mutilating type).

Last edited:
So, an ex TWAer of recall #approximately 1900 can be expected to be recalled in 2 to 3 years after already having spent five years on furlough. Then there's age 65 implement, terrorism, economic questions, returning to an industry stil in turmoil. I'm not holding my breath. So after all this time and turmoil of furlough and hardship on our families will the friendly folks at AA and APA actually consider us to have paid our dues to be at the mighty AA? Yeah, I guess I'm still just a bit angry. Age 40 and still paying my dues before I get that dream job with a major.

You wanna get mad at someone for your situation....look no further than the closest mirror. You took a job at TWA sometime in 1999 and sat out one of the biggest hiring booms we have seen and joined an airline that had already declared CH 11 twice.What were you thinking?

You wanna get mad at someone for your situation....look no further than the closest mirror. You took a job at TWA sometime in 1999 and sat out one of the biggest hiring booms we have seen and joined an airline that had already declared CH 11 twice.What were you thinking?

So basically, anyone hired at any of the major, except AA, should expect to have no real future. CAL, DAL, UA, NWA all have been in CH11. If you accept a job there are you insane?

What happened to the TWA guys can happen to every airline pilot. AA guys aren't somehow protected from that ever happening to them. If AA is ever bought by another carrier there will be no mercy on them. Hopefully it won't happen, but it certainly can.

Angus-- I hear you! Well said yourself. I think part of the reason pilots get so unhappy and bitchy is b/c up until we got hired by an airline, we were in complete control of our destiny- If I failed, it was on me, if I succeeded it was my satisfaction.- Now we are along for the ride and no matter how good I am- I am completely married to my company-- while our bosses are not so attached at all. There is nothing that will drain you quite so well as a feeling that you are not in control of your life.

We need seniority-- but we need a national list that allows us to move company to company without such a huge penalty. I don't really care who's logo is on my tail-- i care that i live where i want to and i have real security: ie: is there a market for what i do? yes- than why are we taking so many hits?. How many pilot's lives are going to be turned upside down b/c protecting our seniority at an individual company takes away all our leverage. We get a national list-- and it doesn't fall on us to save the company-- let em go under like all our passengers want- and we'll fly for whoever fills the void... People are still going to fly. With all the intelligence we have in aviation- i'm smart- but there are brilliant pilots-- we can't figure out a better system than this? Don't want 22 year olds on it? Fine- have a regional list and a major list... I never minded paying my dues like the military guys. You think you have security now-- how can any airline pilot say that? (PanAm, TWA, Eastern, Braniff., pensions... ad nauseum) Think about what seniority on a national list would mean to your job security?

I'm sure i'm not thinking of everything-- but i know what isn't working.

Angus-- I hear you! Well said yourself. I think part of the reason pilots get so unhappy and bitchy is b/c up until we got hired by an airline, we were in complete control of our destiny- If I failed, it was on me, if I succeeded it was my satisfaction.- Now we are along for the ride and no matter how good I am- I am completely married to my company-- while our bosses are not so attached at all. There is nothing that will drain you quite so well as a feeling that you are not in control of your life.

We need seniority-- but we need a national list that allows us to move company to company without such a huge penalty. I don't really care who's logo is on my tail-- i care that i live where i want to and i have real security: ie: is there a market for what i do? yes- than why are we taking so many hits?. How many pilot's lives are going to be turned upside down b/c protecting our seniority at an individual company takes away all our leverage. We get a national list-- and it doesn't fall on us to save the company-- let em go under like all our passengers want- and we'll fly for whoever fills the void... People are still going to fly. With all the intelligence we have in aviation- i'm smart- but there are brilliant pilots-- we can't figure out a better system than this? Don't want 22 year olds on it? Fine- have a regional list and a major list... I never minded paying my dues like the military guys. You think you have security now-- how can any airline pilot say that? (PanAm, TWA, Eastern, Braniff., pensions... ad nauseum) Think about what seniority on a national list would mean to your job security?

Very well said. I agree 100%.

Slapnutz, you are a moron.

The next time you want to criticize someone for taking a job at an airline without knowing what's going to happen, take a look in your own mirror. YOU could very well end up furloughed while your airline sits it out in BK. Who's gonna be laughing then? Oh, no, that could never happen to you.

TWAers, disregard these comments, they don't represent how a lot of us think.

P.s. I tried like hell to get hired by TWA back in '98-99.... because it seemed like a great group of guys to work with. Stepping stone, maybe... but I was a commuter dawg who was trying to move on, and I would've gladly landed there. NOBODY knows what's in the cards in this business.

The recall acceptance rate is about 36%, if AA continues to recall to the end of the list...AA should hire of the street beginning mid to late 2009. Those around the 2300 mark should be back around Nov 2008 (year and a half).

I also agree. With all the execs out there looking for their next deal, there is no way to feel that you have job security. Times have changed. Maybe it's time to take another look at the seniority system.

Latest resources

Back