• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA will increase to 40/month starting July

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And the talk is that they're calling 200 flight attendants, not necessarily staffing for 200 more flight attendants. The acceptance rate has been roughly figured in, unlike pilot recalls.

stlflyguy

recall projection

RECALL UPDATE: Membership/Furlough Committee Chairman Captain// reports that pilot recalls will increase from 30 each month to 40 beginning with the July 3 class. Each recall class includes pilots returning to military leave and medical disability status, resulting in more pilots actually recalled than the class size itself. Thus far 206 pilots have deferred recall. For additional recall stats, please refer to online “Furlough Information” from the committee, which is accessible via the “National Committees” tab at the top of the members’ home page.

Hey Jeff

Are going to quit your cushy job at Allegiant? I can't imagine you giving up sleeping at home every night, easy turns, 18-20 days off a month, huge check, etc, etc, etc. to go back to AA and be just an ex-TWA guy!!!! That's a hard decision...

I'm just passing on information.....

Hey Jeff

Are going to quit your cushy job at Allegiant? I can't imagine you giving up sleeping at home every night, easy turns, 18-20 days off a month, huge check, etc, etc, etc. to go back to AA and be just an ex-TWA guy!!!! That's a hard decision...

........and living the dream!!!

So, an ex TWAer of recall #approximately 1900 can be expected to be recalled in 2 to 3 years after already having spent five years on furlough. Then there's age 65 implement, terrorism, economic questions, returning to an industry stil in turmoil. I'm not holding my breath. So after all this time and turmoil of furlough and hardship on our families will the friendly folks at AA and APA actually consider us to have paid our dues to be at the mighty AA? Yeah, I guess I'm still just a bit angry. Age 40 and still paying my dues before I get that dream job with a major.

So after all this time and turmoil of furlough and hardship on our families will the friendly folks at AA and APA actually consider us to have paid our dues to be at the mighty AA?

Sorry to say but after listening to many AA pilots on the jumpseat I don't think for a minute they will ever accept a TWA guy as their own. The AA attitude just does not provide any grace regardless of what dues you've paid.

AA's sky nazi nickname doesn't stick for nothing. They cannot help themselves as they are all imbred.

Sorry to say but after listening to many AA pilots on the jumpseat I don't think for a minute they will ever accept a TWA guy as their own. The AA attitude just does not provide any grace regardless of what dues you've paid.

AA's sky nazi nickname doesn't stick for nothing. They cannot help themselves as they are all imbred.

You mean "inbred" or are you referring to some other insult directed at the AA pilots? I'm curious how many TWA blue bloods will return back to AA once they get the call?

I hear you angus-- i'm a LOT older than i ever thought i'd be w/o my end job. Which is an argument for two things:
1- First year pay should go away! At every airline! The job should pay what it's worth.

2- everyone should be working to make regional jobs better, more survivable positions. You never know when the world will go upside down and you find yourself at one.

What we have experienced over the last 6 years is what happens when we leave any cross section of pilots out in the cold- whether that's regionals or furloughs. When people are struggling to eat and progress as an adult financially-- ALL airlines lose leverage in their negotiations.

In any case though-- it's great news. And it's good to have options. If you don't want to go back-- you don't have to-- Stay where you are or keep applying at all the other majors out there-- It seems like it won't be long before everyone will be hiring-- and no matter where you end up-- that's good for everyone.

Well said waveflyer. The thousands of pilots that lose their jobs due to management failures, union corruption, economic downturns, and global catastrophes face having to completely start over at slave wages...no matter what the pilot's experience or background. No other industry is like this and I believe we pilots are partly to blame for continuing to allow this to happen. Why don't the APA, ALPA, SWAPA et al allow for higher starting wages and a national seniority number? Why, I think because they all have a "I got mine now pull up the ladder" attitude. This is one reason I'm currently enjoying flying for a corporation and not my former airline (AATWA). We hire people based on their qualifications and pay them respectively. I've negotiated my own salary and benefits to some degree and my promotion through the ranks has come through hard work, being reliable, and a being a pilot my employers feel confident with to fly everyone from their CEO's to their wife and kids. I do still miss the airline lifestyle. Based on my previous comments you can see I'd still like to go back...but it will likely be with some trepidation.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back