• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA/US ISL question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
USAPA's self destruction has had collateral effects throughout the industry. Every pilot that has tried to negotiate a contract in the past 10 years has suffered for the actions of a few angry and misguided and selfish F/O's and their accomplices.

What's so hard to understand about that?

This I agree with.

Every pilot had a dog in the fight while the east flew under Loa 93 for a decade, and then for what- 6 years AFTER they had a much needed TA with big raises in 2007.
You are right SLI drama is always drama and it's each company's issue- but to take a stand on the worst major airline contract in history is deplorable.

Hi Wave, can you email some of those early SWA contracts so we can do an average over the last 30 years? Thanks bud.

Pilots have been fighting, badmouthing others, and blowing their own horns since the Wright brothers and Samuel P. Langley had a rivalry going.

Nothing is gonna change with some whining on a web board. :D

Hi Wave, can you email some of those early SWA contracts so we can do an average over the last 30 years? Thanks bud.
30 yrs??? Cleary and Bradford had you guys pegged as patsies that would believe anything you wanted to hear. Now you gotta go back 30 yrs to relive the good old days?

Nope the zing comes with the realization that the F/Os that they allowed to go off half cocked haven't been able to add ONE PENNY to the rates and lump sums that ALPA got you and which you were too stupid to manage resulting in LOA93. Now the APA has to be your patron to provide what USAPA never could.

If USAPA could have actually moved the ball an inch over the past 9 years, hey I would give them some credit. But we both know they refused to because they were inept and immature. The best they could provide (even with the complete absence of opposition inside the union - they had a juggernaut they could run as they pleased) is status quo on a bankruptcy contract and that's not worth 2.25%.

Any defense of this abject failure would be purely entertainment and I've had enough from you already, don't bother.

I won't be emailing you.
Swa is airline number 6 for me. I'd have been more than happy to retire at airline #3, but furloughs are a b/tch my man.
In any case, I don't feel bad for the millionaires that started the company. Their stock options paid off incredibly well.

Do you hold Parker to the same standard. I think his base salary is $500k. I'm pretty sure dougie isn't lowering the bar for CEO pay

That said, they are responsible for those contracts and you guys are responsible for yours. More egregiously, TURNING DOWN PAY RAISES THE INDUSTRY NEEDED, BC YOU REFUSE TO ABIDE BY BINDING ARBITRATION.

How's that for a zing?

30 yrs??? Cleary and Bradford had you guys pegged as patsies that would believe anything you wanted to hear. Now you gotta go back 30 yrs to relive the good old days?

Nope the zing comes with the realization that the F/Os that they allowed to go off half cocked haven't been able to add ONE PENNY to the rates and lump sums that ALPA got you and which you were too stupid to manage resulting in LOA93. Now the APA has to be your patron to provide what USAPA never could.

If USAPA could have actually moved the ball an inch over the past 9 years, hey I would give them some credit. But we both know they refused to because they were inept and immature. The best they could provide (even with the complete absence of opposition inside the union - they had a juggernaut they could run as they pleased) is status quo on a bankruptcy contract and that's not worth 2.25%.

Any defense of this abject failure would be purely entertainment and I've had enough from you already, don't bother.

I wasn't there but;

Check out those AW wages.

http://web.mit.edu/airlinedata/www/...d Salaries - PILOT AND CO-PILOT PERSONNEL.htm

Last edited:
.. too stupid ..inept and immature. .. abject failure ..

Yeah, it took a West pilot to invent the scheme to sell $20 ties for $675, but it took USAPA to persuade West pilots to buy them. I don't care what anyone says, if you can provoke someone into paying $675 for a $20 tie, then by any measure, that is a success. :D

Latest resources

Back