Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

It will roll

It just wont be prettty.
Question for anyone who has any ideas about what is likely to happen when we (hopefully) reach an ISL.

Since we hear nothing on the US side besides lawsuit briefs and legal mumbo jumbo from our "union," how likely is it that the ISL will be constructed without narrow body fences?

Specifically, I am PHL based and cannot wait to (hopefully) get down to MIA. Hopefully an ISL would not prohibit this, assuming I stay on group 2/3 aircraft. Thoughts?

It might be a bit early in the game for speculation, but I'd sure hate to see an ISL with domicile fences. Think we all expect A330/B777 fences.

Thanks!
PS - Not interested at all in East vs West vs AA drama because that mud slinging has just gotta end.

Not that this will carry over to the AA/US ISL, but both the DL/NW and CO/UA ISLs only had fences for certain wide bodies and for predetermined amounts of time. There was no narrowbody or base fences. If it goes to binding arbitration, one would have to assume a similar outcome based on precedence.

Question for anyone who has any ideas about what is likely to happen when we (hopefully) reach an ISL.

Since we hear nothing on the US side besides lawsuit briefs and legal mumbo jumbo from our "union," how likely is it that the ISL will be constructed without narrow body fences?

Specifically, I am PHL based and cannot wait to (hopefully) get down to MIA. Hopefully an ISL would not prohibit this, assuming I stay on group 2/3 aircraft. Thoughts?

It might be a bit early in the game for speculation, but I'd sure hate to see an ISL with domicile fences. Think we all expect A330/B777 fences.

Thanks!
PS - Not interested at all in East vs West vs AA drama because that mud slinging has just gotta end.

Obviously if this goes to arbitration (likely), it's really hard to tell what would happen. If I had to guess though, I would think the only fences would be on the widebodies and not base specific. Once the operations are combined, I'm sure the company wants the ability to put planes wherever they want. Perhaps they may want 787's in PHL and A-350's in DFW. Who knows... Base restrictions would make that harder, so I imagine it would be aircraft specific and probably only the widebodies... So there is my guess... :)

There was also a rumor pre-DOJ's interference that some domiciles were to be double-crewed (ex. AA/US in PHL, MIA, DFW, CLT etc.). Not sure what happened to that idea...

Thanks!

I'd be very surprised if there were narrow body fences. However I have heard rumors that APA both wants nb fences and doesn't want them. Who knows. Lifting fences does benefit AA bc the percentage of retirements is greater at US vs AA for the next few years.

We all wait for the NMB to rule and then APA will show their cards. The majority will get all they can within the DFR threshold. I think I already saw this movie in 2008.

When is the contract expected to be done? Is this going to drag out like UAL?

The SOC is scheduled to be completed by April 2015. As far as I know, a MOAB will occur next summer with no base or narrow body fences. We shall see if the New American will maintain the current US view that training is a fixed cost therefore allowing crews to move to the base and aircraft they so chose and can hold. So, I think you'll have a chance to move to the 73 in MIA next year.

And no Nic. Period. It is deader than dead.
West pilots will be feathered in with the third listers. you heard it here first

Don't forget, binding arbitration is not really binding if it doesn't go your way. As long as you have the majority on your side - oh wait . . .

Latest resources

Back