• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA toxic culture

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Friend at AA said they are seeing one pilot suicide per month, which is something like ten times national average. Are other airlines seeing this?
Very sad.

please tell me that's not a fact... but a rumor..

1/month.. seriously?

if it wasnt for this seniority system, pilots would be free to move/leave AA for other carriers. Maybe its time to revisit the system.

Nobody forces anyone to take a job. You have free will to accept a job offer or not, and sometimes you roll the dice and lose. Just because you were stupid doesn't mean you get to go to another airline and be senior. Start at the bottom because you chose poorly the first time. It was your bad choice.

Godspeed!

OYS

ALPA should have one list. If you are an ALPA member, you go on the master seniority list.

That will make the DPA look great at Delta. ALPA will lose mainline carriers fast. You should have your own regional union anyway. There is a big conflict of interest between us.

Godspeed!

OYS

ALPA should have one list. If you are an ALPA member, you go on the master seniority list.

Pipedream!! ALPA will have one list soon....when they are down to 1 airline. Why would I want someone that has enjoyed the benefits for years of being at a major like AA to be able to come to my airline when it gets bad there and bump me out of my seat when I have put years in at my airline.

That will make the DPA look great at Delta. ALPA will lose mainline carriers fast. You should have your own regional union anyway. There is a big conflict of interest between us.

Godspeed!

OYS

You OY6/GL are one bitter women .Your whole life is posting on these forums. You PMS 365 day a year. What a bitch.

Go buy yourself the rabbit. Trust me you will not be here as much. :)

One ALPA list is not a thing that would be fair with the amount of longevity some regional pilots have which would make them senior to some at "better" airlines. Simply put it is impossible to institute in a fair manner. Besides, ALPA's own integration policies are so vague it screwed a lot of pilots in many different integrations.

A great idea would be to have ALPA manage all members vacation, sick time, healthcare, and retirement. That way if you go to another ALPA carrier, that goes with you. How nice would it be to get hired by an airline and have 3-4 weeks of vacation that first year? But maybe the human resources would then not hire ALPA pilots .

You OY6/GL are one bitter women .Your whole life is posting on these forums. You PMS 365 day a year. What a bitch.

Go buy yourself the rabbit. Trust me you will not be here as much. :)

it's a woman? well that also explains a few things... not to mention the double lottery win of UAL AND DAL hiring "her"

National Seniority List: A seniority grab by those who have chosen poorly, are unmotivated or unlucky, to take away what those who have chosen wisely, are motivated, or lucky, have attained.

Latest resources

Back