• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA toxic culture

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You OY6/GL are one bitter women .Your whole life is posting on these forums. You PMS 365 day a year. What a bitch.

Go buy yourself the rabbit. Trust me you will not be here as much. :)

Yet, you are on here too to monitor "us." You sound like just as much of a b1tch. The truth hurts about your Airtran debacle Colleen, and you feel it deep in your own loins. Go tell Herb (FMS Speed) to rub it out. Both of you are the ones who are pathetic, being so happy that you absolutely slammed your Airtran brothers, and have somehow gotten away with it. This thread should be about your own Toxic culture that has developed at your airline. Shame on you Colleen and Herb.

Bye Bye---General Lee

it's a woman? well that also explains a few things... not to mention the double lottery win of UAL AND DAL hiring "her"

Seriously, LBB is calling your name. OYS was lucky to get on with two majors, while you paid to get on with yours.

Bye Bye---General Lee

National Seniority List: A seniority grab by those who have chosen poorly, are unmotivated or unlucky, to take away what those who have chosen wisely, are motivated, or lucky, have attained.

goggles, you're one of my favorites on here, so please don't take this the wrong way... but don't you think you might "feel" a bit different if things weren't going so well at the big D these days? And aren't (at least in part) why things are going well at the big D, vs AA as a result of their BK and not having to carry and service all that debt that AMR has to? (in part I"m saying, not in whole)..

I am for a national seniority list for one reason.... because it's like the REAL WORLD... I have friends working for HP that can move over to Google, or Apple and actually take a pay raise in the engineering profession as a result of taking on more responsibility. Why shouldn't a pilot's resume, his safe FAA record and his experience be what determines what position he holds, rather than the choice he made thru no skill, but pure luck?

I knew guys back in the day that were utterly bummed out to get the call from DAL and be turned down at EAL... today those guys are senior DAL captains and their friends that "hit the big time" with EAL are on their 3rd job...

is that fair? Maybe it is to some, but for me it's borderline cominist (sic).. and un-American.

Seriously, LBB is calling your name. OYS was lucky to get on with two majors, while you paid to get on with yours.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I don't tell who I work for on here, but I can tell you this much... I a) don't work for WN, b)have never paid for a single type rating and will not start now. With 9 type ratings in everything from Douglas, Boeing to Airbus, I don't feel I should have to!

I will just say that I am currently working as a contract CA on a freighter for a foreign carrier that pays rather well, but the draw back is that I have to commute and fly mostly in a foreign countries. am I lucky? yes, am I well paid, well enough (more than most US based pilots).. am I totally happy? No.

Thanks FMS. It's all academic since it will never happen. Even if ALPA advocated a single list it would require too much negotiating capitol to enact and there are too many loose ends (military, non-union, different unions ...)

I agree I wear rose-colored glasses because of where I landed. It was part motivation, partly due to wise choices, but mostly luck. I probably would feel differently had I wound up a lifer at a regional or non-sked. In retrospect, if I were a trust-fund baby or invented a device that automatically cleaned lint from belly-buttons I'd probably be a Republican.

In retrospect, if I were a trust-fund baby or invented a device that automatically cleaned lint from belly-buttons I'd probably be a Republican.

and on that point we can both agree... sadly, the rest of the lemmings will never understand what we're talking about.

One ALPA list is not a thing that would be fair with the amount of longevity some regional pilots have which would make them senior to some at "better" airlines. Simply put it is impossible to institute in a fair manner. Besides, ALPA's own integration policies are so vague it screwed a lot of pilots in many different integrations.

Which is why one union should not represent both Majors and "Regionals". Conflict of interest.

Bottom line- seniority is severely detrimental to the pilots career.

Flamer OY6- did you "choose" poorly at United?

It's been said, but no other profession is so entirely married to their company as a professional pilot. None. No one is as stuck once any amount of seniority has been attained and no other profession as harshly punished by switching companies (povert wages, bottom of the list, after a severely rigorous interview process)than airline pilot. Add to it our strict seniority system has been used extremely effectively against us for a decade and it's by far the stupidest thing we do as pilots. Every mgmt knows that pilots will cut off one of their own nuts before they'd let their company go out of business and start over. They know it and use it as leverage until we are the one's who bail them out.

It's dumb- and we all hate it. We give over control of our lives to a flipping number! We will live in cities we have no desire to, or make commutes that reduce QOL- cross crossing each other in the sky- as one company loses market share and another picks it up.

Pilots are so regimented and uncreative- any thought to fixing this is stomped down by US- the one's who it hampers the most.

I'd say most every pilot in the country is flying BELOW their market wage solely bc of the leverage we give mgmt with our archaic seniority system

I'd say most every pilot in the country is flying BELOW their market wage solely bc of the leverage we give mgmt with our archaic seniority system

I am certain without a doubt that airline managers love the seniority system far more than we will ever know... it's by far their biggest stick in getting what they want out of pilots.... the fear of being that 20 year captain losing his job and starting back over at some 2nd rate outfit is enough to get even the most hardened airline captain to give back 40% in concessions...

Latest resources

Back