• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA to furlough 178 more

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All pilot groups should have an LOA in which those over 60 are furloughed first before any junior pilots. It is only fair, you know, career expectations and all. 30-40 years and they knew they would retire at 60.

I've heard the reason AA is furloughing is because some Eagle pilots won a court case. This is allowing them to flow to AA and thus causing the furlough. True or false?

Are they off their freaking meds? Why put up with the BS to leave in 3 more years with a few bucks more.

You know why? For 9 out of 10 age 60+ guys it has zero to do with money and everything to do with identity. Looking in a mirror without epaulets makes grandpa cry.

I've heard the reason AA is furloughing is because some Eagle pilots won a court case. This is allowing them to flow to AA and thus causing the furlough. True or false?

It's an arbitrator's ruling (Nicolau) that states that TWA flowbacks are considered new hires along with AE flow-throughs... and as such, the more senior AE flowthroughs (about 400 and change)would come to AA in the first recall class BEFORE any TWA furloughee - Never mind the fact that the TWA pilot was at AA and the AE pilot wasn't!

Not sure if this is the main reason for the furlough but wouldn't be surprised. The Co paves the way for AE flowthrus with minimum hassle by furloughing 200 AA pilots.

You know why? For 9 out of 10 age 60+ guys it has zero to do with money and everything to do with identity. Looking in a mirror without epaulets makes grandpa cry.

Same reason that age 60+ guys at fractionals with full military or other retirement payouts in progress won't hang it up. GO the Fuc home already!

Well Eagle is hiring and getting 22 more CRJ-700s.... is this related?

Bad news either way.....there are plenty of CFI's frothing at the mouth to get hired at AE and fly that "big" plane..... not knowing or caring where the job came from.

Dont know if this is related but just to set the record straight.

-Yes , we are getting 22 CRJ's which were agreed to years ago as an option.

-Flow thrus??? How many will go ,we dont know. Arbtrtr and the unions to meet next month on a remedy.

-AE is retiring a bunch of 135's and are being ferried to AZ as we speak.

-We are hiring , 18 a month till further notice.

-Chititaqua moving into ORD in a few months taking AE flying......

-AA furloughs CANNOT flowback to AE as the agreement has expired.

We dont like the furlough news either. In the end, it hurts everyone.
I know a lot of AA crews are upset but I do reccomend that everyone maintain a cool head if you have AE crews commuting on your fights. AE crews can do the same thing to AA crews. The reason I say this its because it has happened before and as I said , it ends up hurting everyone.

False. The furlough is because the over 60 guys haven't been retiring like the company thought they would. The flow through issue isn't settled yet and probably won't be for some time.

Latest resources

Back