• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA to furlough 178 more

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well Eagle is hiring and getting 22 more CRJ-700s.... is this related?

Bad news either way.....there are plenty of CFI's frothing at the mouth to get hired at AE and fly that "big" plane..... not knowing or caring where the job came from.

These kids just don't know about the other side of this issue, or perhaps that there even is an issue. They are just trying to break into the career. They are not to blame.

The chief pilots are telling the furloughs that they are laying off because there are not enough retirements.

Bulls$%t. There managers. Come on. They had 1.4 Billion last week and this week there furloughing 178 pilots they recalled last year. Give me a break.
They will tell you anything. Some had messages left on there phone at 10pm.
What kind of crap is that.

How about sterilizing the message and taking the pilots name off. That would be the right thing to do. Best of luck to all those going to the street.

Well Eagle is hiring and getting 22 more CRJ-700s.... is this related?

Bad news either way.....there are plenty of CFI's frothing at the mouth to get hired at AE and fly that "big" plane..... not knowing or caring where the job came from.

The reality of the situation is that many of "these kids" are no longer kids. The days where we all knew we were going to be flying for a major is gone, IMHO. A good regional job has become the next best thing, unfortunately, and Eagle is one of the better ones!

Sorry to hear about the additional furloughs.

Funny, yesterday while waiting to get my physical I found an old kit darby mag and on the cover was UNITED is hiring again, (2007). It projected 430 retirements a year for the for the future. 3 yrs, 2007,2008,2009 over 1200 pilots. Even with dumping the guppy, there wouldn't have been a need to furlough. Thanks alpa and luv. Gotta go, have to get my food stamps.

Bulls$%t. There managers. Come on. They had 1.4 Billion last week and this week there furloughing 178 pilots they recalled last year. Give me a break.
They will tell you anything. Some had messages left on there phone at 10pm.
What kind of crap is that.

"The impact of the economy and reduction in capacity over the last 18 months, coupled with lower-than-expected pilot attrition, has resulted in a pilot surplus," AMR said in a statement. source: Reuters.

There are 300 pilots that are over the age of 60 flying at AA. You do the math. I've been furloughed since Nov. 2001. There is no way in hell I'm going back until the old farts start to leave in mass exodus.

Anyways, I'm aware of the chiefs calling at late hours. That's total b.s. They were also leaving messages about the furlough without actually talking to someone...classy.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back