• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sometimes I think AA did us a favor. AA is kind of like a really hot chick with the crabs. You don't know what you have until you get into bed with them. The quicker you get out of bed with them the quicker you stop itching.

FLYnMONKEYS said:
Sometimes I think AA did us a favor. AA is kind of like a really hot chick with the crabs. You don't know what you have until you get into bed with them. The quicker you get out of bed with them the quicker you stop itching.

LOL, i'm diggin' that!

FLYnMONKEYS said:

what are the 'bald' airlines? :)

SimAV8R

Can you really sit there and say that the AA pilot group had no say in how the integration went?????? I thought a union was a democratic organization, and the action of the leadership represented the mandate of the masses. Are you say ing that when Ed White said "We f**ked you because we could" that he was acting against his constituants' wishes? Are you trying to tell me that specifically writing (some of) the TWA pilots OUT of the flowback agreement was met with horror and disbelief by the rank and file of the APA? Or how about the time when a 777 Captain made me, MD-80 FO and a real threat to his position, ride in a separate hotel van because HIS contract said HE didn't have to share a van with any OTHER airline (and yes, this was post-integration).

That's YGTBSM what

Vastly Underemp said:
SimAV8R

Can you really sit there and say that the AA pilot group had no say in how the integration went?????? I thought a union was a democratic organization, and the action of the leadership represented the mandate of the masses. Are you say ing that when Ed White said "We f**ked you because we could" that he was acting against his constituants' wishes? Are you trying to tell me that specifically writing (some of) the TWA pilots OUT of the flowback agreement was met with horror and disbelief by the rank and file of the APA? Or how about the time when a 777 Captain made me, MD-80 FO and a real threat to his position, ride in a separate hotel van because HIS contract said HE didn't have to share a van with any OTHER airline (and yes, this was post-integration).

That's YGTBSM what

Underemp, I don't agree with how the integration went either. But you are assuming two things here:

- We were kept informed as the integration came to a close (we weren't - in fact, they didn't send us a copy of the integration until it was already signed - not to mention the fact that the details of the integration were changing weekly as negotiations broke down), and

- Even if we would have recalled Ed White (which I would have supported because of his actions), we would have just gotten some different schmuck that would have screwed you guys even more than what happened.

So, to put it clearly, we the rank and file of AA were basically witnesses to a screw job that would have gone down the same, or even worse, with anyone else at the APA leadership level. Believe me, I would have done it differently had I been in charge. Something along the lines of letting it go to arbitration.

v/r,

Vastly Underemp said:
SimAV8R

That's YGTBSM what

Dude,

I can't speak for every moron that was on the property before or after the integration, merger, acquisition, or whatever. I can tell you for a fact that I was never asked what my view on any part of it was. I can also tell you that after getting booted out of my base to STL leading up to and including my last year with AA, I had my share of evil-eye/dirty looks/crummy treatment from TWA flight attendants, gate agents, red shirt wearing rampers, and a-hole captains that had crossed over to the "dark side."

I'm not saying what they did was right, nobody junior to about a 1985 hire date went unaffected in some way shape or form. So direct your anger somewhere else.

There was - and probably still is some animosity on both sides. It's still stupid.

I spent a lot of nights as the only native AA on the employee bus when I was first assigned to the SLT base getting an earful from angry, bitter guys and gals. My standard line became, "It's all my fault. I did this to you. Please vent your spleen all you want to on this bus. When we get off at the other end, that invitation is over and we will have to deal with it in a different manner."

There are a-holes on both sides, let them argue and bitch. Life's too short for me to.

Latest resources

Back