• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To all my TWA brethren. As a AA captain once wrote on another message board during the "integration"

"Just be happy that you are being furloughed from the greatest airline in the world." LOL.

PHX767,

During my three + years of furlough I would have loved to be in the position to get an earfull from some "bitter" employees while still being employed. Enjoy what you have because alot of STL pilots, Captains and F/O's, are still looking for work.

Good Luck.

CLAMBAKE

Off topic, but I have more of a problem with the OZ guys who are lying about how their integration with TWA was handled in order to justify the AA integration.

They got DOH and only 100 or so got furloughed for a year or two by Icahn as punishment. The TWA guys who did the OZ integration are long since retired, the OZ guys are in the CA seat of 767's and people who weren't even hired when the OZ merger happened have taken the hit.

And many of the OZ guys STILL tell their native FO's how bad they had it... :rolleyes: TC

AA717driver said:
They got DOH and only 100 or so got furloughed for a year or two by Icahn as punishment.

Dang, who would've thought that even with DOH, you can still get furloughed. That blows....

pkober said:
PHX767,

During my three + years of furlough I would have loved to be in the position to get an earfull from some "bitter" employees while still being employed. Enjoy what you have because alot of STL pilots, Captains and F/O's, are still looking for work.
Good Luck.
CLAMBAKE

Thanks for the good wishes.

I should have clarified in my earlier post - When all this was going on at SLT (for me) STL (for you) I was about 2 months away from getting furloughed myself! That's what made it so wierd. I told some of them, look we are going to be in the same unemployment line! Why are you yelling at me?

:confused:

PHX
Furloughed Nov '01 - May '02, Aug '03 - infinity

I don't mean any ill wishes. I try not to get involved in TWA/AA threads, though I do. It's hard not to, but whats done is done.

No matter what there will always be ill will between the two groups. I saw it at TWA with the OZ people. The best one can do is put yourself in the shoes of the losing group. It's dog eat dog. We were the ones eaten.

Life goes on. I hope my TWA bro's (pilot's and F/A's) all find work soon.

CLAMBAKE

The 100 or so that got furloughed were hired in 1986. The merger occured in 1986. Therefore they were the most junior pilots on the property, even with date of hire. Since I was hired in 1988 (Nov. 2000 by AA integration) they are all senior to me.

Oddly enough, a few of the most vocal OZ historical revisionist were only on the property a few months. They will have spent the majority of their career at TWA.

I had an interview scheduled at OZ in 86 but it was cancelled. I would love to have their deal.

AAslag said:

The 100 or so that got furloughed were hired in 1986. The merger occured in 1986. Therefore they were the most junior pilots on the property, even with date of hire. Since I was hired in 1988 (Nov. 2000 by AA integration) they are all senior to me.

Oddly enough, a few of the most vocal OZ historical revisionist were only on the property a few months. They will have spent the majority of their career at TWA.

I had an interview scheduled at OZ in 86 but it was cancelled. I would love to have their deal.

I see... for some reason I thought they were furloughed out of seniority. Thanks for clearing it up.

Re: getting the OZ deal. Who wouldn't want DOH in any merger, right? I'm guessing the AWA pilots wouldn't fair too well with DOH, either. But at least it will go to arbitration, which is what we should have done.

regards,

aa73 said:
I see... for some reason I thought they were furloughed out of seniority. Thanks for clearing it up.

Re: getting the OZ deal. Who wouldn't want DOH in any merger, right? I'm guessing the AWA pilots wouldn't fair too well with DOH, either. But at least it will go to arbitration, which is what we should have done.

regards,
Quite right, a straight DOH would not be a good deal for the AWA folks. As I have said before, I did not expect to get DOH, but I REALLY did not expect to lose my job either, and I hope you do not lose yours. It can get bloody ugly here on the outside looking in. I for one would have been happy to at least hang on in the FE seat, yet, I did not take the flowback to AE. Possibly a financial mistake. The reasons are my own.

In respect to the OZ integration, and my previous post. I do know that there were TWA and OZ pilots furloughed during that time frame. I believe that the seniority lists were not merged at that time, and quite possibly resembled the pre-merged AA/TWA downsizing. In that an equal number of from each list were eliminated. Like AA717 said, it was Icahn spite that started it.

Nevertheless it's been 20 years and a minority of pilots from both sides are still frothing at the mouth. In 20 years (7 years after my mandatory retirement) will the animosity between our two groups diminish?

respectfully
slag

Slag,

I think those that are going to get over it - are over it, and have moved on. Those that haven't - won't.

Picture this: A couple of retired pilots, an AA guy and a TW guy in the nursing home in their wheelchairs yelling at each other.... "Sky Nazi!" "TW scum!"

Ahhhh....

I guess it's like the NWA guys and Republic. Self perpetuating misery.

PHX767 said:
Slag,

I think those that are going to get over it - are over it, and have moved on. Those that haven't - won't.

Picture this: A couple of retired pilots, an AA guy and a TW guy in the nursing home in their wheelchairs yelling at each other.... "Sky Nazi!" "TW scum!"

Ahhhh....

I guess it's like the NWA guys and Republic. Self perpetuating misery.

I am off today and babysitting my daughters sick puppy. The image you created had me laughing so hard that she got up and left the room to sleep somewhere else!

Latest resources

Back