AA Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AAslag said:
Quite right, a straight DOH would not be a good deal for the AWA folks. As I have said before, I did not expect to get DOH, but I REALLY did not expect to lose my job either, and I hope you do not lose yours. It can get bloody ugly here on the outside looking in. I for one would have been happy to at least hang on in the FE seat, yet, I did not take the flowback to AE. Possibly a financial mistake. The reasons are my own.

In respect to the OZ integration, and my previous post. I do know that there were TWA and OZ pilots furloughed during that time frame. I believe that the seniority lists were not merged at that time, and quite possibly resembled the pre-merged AA/TWA downsizing. In that an equal number of from each list were eliminated. Like AA717 said, it was Icahn spite that started it.

Nevertheless it's been 20 years and a minority of pilots from both sides are still frothing at the mouth. In 20 years (7 years after my mandatory retirement) will the animosity between our two groups diminish?

respectfully
slag

slag, I think after 20 years there will still be a group that will forever be bitter. These are the folks that will allow the ugly parts of the merger to dictate their lives, and that is sad.

Unfortunately, I think our merger set a new industry standard for what NOT to do, and I think that generated the most bitter feelings of any merger. And who can blame them. This merger was a repeat of the DAL/PanAm merger in '91 times twenty, with one exception - 9-11 happened right after ours, which helped cause thousands of good TWA and AA folks to lose their jobs. Had that little event not happened, I think you would have seen less bitterness, because most would have remained employed. (Yes there still would be plenty of bitterness, though, that is a natural byproduct of mergers - especially ours.)

Had a similar event happened after DAL/PAA, you would have had the same exact situation - laying off mostly PAA personnel.

This is why I hope all future mergers are decided by neutral arbitration, because that seems to be the only fair/equitable way to handle disputes.

That said, I hope all you furloughed folks have moved on to better things. (I know TC did pretty well for himself, good on ya mate.) As far as I go, I've been the bottom guy system wide, so I've been used to the idea of furlough for quite a while now. Probably do me some good.

v/r

Last edited:
Well said 73, I'm still laughing over the PHX767 image. Instead of a joust, I would hope that those retired neanderthals would just compete in their hoverounds, decals and all. Like, who can maintain the straightest centerline from therapy to the chow hall. Maybe I just gave Les an idea for his next article. That is if he's not too busy saving the aviation world.

Cheers

This is getting too chummy. I'm calling 'Head Case' and $hayman to stir things up! ;) TC

AA717driver said:
This is getting too chummy. I'm calling 'Head Case' and $hayman to stir things up! ;) TC

TW Scum! :nuts:

J/k....

:beer: << Here is how it should be....

:uzi: Die Sky nazis! << Here is how many feel... Too bad

Last edited:
TC,

"Headcase", wow, a name I was hoping I had forgotten forever.

But seriously, it should be TWA717Driver !!

CLAMBAKE

There is no such thing as a 100% pay cut unless the result is zero.

We do know that right?

Respectfully,

fareview

I must say I still laugh everytime I hear it wasn't me...I had nothing to do with it...it was the apa (which by the way is YOUR union funded by YOU made up of YOU and your ilk).
What a spineless cop out. I would have much more respect for the individual if they would just be honest and say "I recognize the staple job was wrong, but it benefitted me and I was too morally weak to voice an opinion against it."

Ancient history now.

My only advice is sell any aa stock you might have before the first stapled TWA guy gets recalled. That is if aa is still around.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back