• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Supp CC?

What ever happened to the staple job?

CSYMon,

Just gots off de phone wid de Furlough Comittee cfroman, as sheeit as de managa' of flt admin. 'S coo', bro. Here's how it gots'ta wo'k, dig dis: Any TWA pilot returnin' fum furlough gits an automatic reinstatement t'SLT - regardless uh wheda' he/she had some reinstatement t'SLT o' not - so's if dey wants' SLT, it''ll be available as long as dere are openin's dere (and dere probably gots'ta be. What it is, Mama!) Wid de 'sepshun uh de F.I.S who had way mo'e senio'ity dan de oda' "recallees", TWA pilots gots'ta get recalled t'de right seat, albeit da damn "protected" right seat. In oda' wo'ds, TWA pilots are protected fum de minute dey reinstate t'SLT, and would downgrade t'CA acco'din' t'de rules uh Sdownp CC - which gots'ta happen quite quickly, wid de retirements comin' fum de TWA ranks. Probably some matta' of monds. In dis fust class, out uh de 3 TWA pilots, de one TWA F.I.S. gots reinstated t'CA right off de bat - de oda' two gots SLT/FO/S80/D, but unda' de rules uh CC.

Does that clear it up?
:pimp:

I love the jive(LMAO) and your info AA73. Thanks for the updates and your neutral position on the TeeWay side of things, it's appreciated.

Pk,

from what I hear you'll upgrade at CAL in a couple years. Your not going back are you?

Not planning on it. I was just curious about what APA has planned for the TWA guys. I personally think that giving even the slightest chance they will get rid of Supp CC. Probably in the next contract. I agree that once furloughed TWA pilots start coming into the left seat in large numbers alot of other AA pilots will have a fit.

In the current airline climit you never know where you'lle end up. After this merger I learned that the hard way.

Sounds like AMR is going out of its way to cater to ALL the recallees. The natives are getting reinstatement rights to the 4 part bid status from which they were furloughed. That is not contractually guaranteed.

AMR is probably doing that so no one will throw eggs at Hetterman as he's giving his hour-long speech on "Why I deserve the PUP". :D

From what I understand, AA is a pretty good place to be when things are going well. (We've already determined it's a pretty lousy place to be when they aren't...)

When (if) I go back, I'm looking at it as starting over at a new job that just happens to have some good perks for me down the road. I've seen what it does to people to carry that seething anger with them to work every trip--live quickly, cause you'll die young.

Thanks for the info, AA73 and flyer. TC

Supp CC?

What ever happened to the staple job?

In 20 years, when most of the top 10% of the seniority list are TWA people ('98-'00 hires) flying to Beijing and Delhi in the left seat of those old, ratty 777's, they'll be telling the newbie AA FO's how bad they got hosed in the integration. Human nature... TC

Sounds like AMR is going out of its way to cater to ALL the recallees. The natives are getting reinstatement rights to the 4 part bid status from which they were furloughed. That is not contractually guaranteed.

TC, the way it works for natives is: if you had *more than one* reinstatement when furloughed, they will honor one of them. This has been the case in this first class. But if you only had one reinstatement, that gets dropped when you're recalled, and they send you wherever they need you.

As a TWA guy covered under CC, you would get an automatic reinstatement to SLT if you take recall.

cheers, 73

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back