AA Recalls Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for the info AA73.

How about the folks below the staple point??? Will they still get SLT (if wanted) or get to Bid elsewhere (say LGA)???

Thanks

You bet, its our only bone we have. Ready to get my seat back in STL.
P.S. AA Flyer, The F.I.S did get a captain bid.

Pkober and 100 ci,

I think a AA73 explained it, however welcome back if you choose, I know many of you took a hard hit from Captain to the street, I hope this recall and quick upgrade ease some of the pain.

Once again, welcome ALL back, and hopefully we can start hiring again.

Cheers toa better 2007,

AAflyer

Thanks for the info AA73.

How about the folks below the staple point??? Will they still get SLT (if wanted) or get to Bid elsewhere (say LGA)???

Thanks

wtrav8r,

AA73 probably knows a little more info than I having just spoken to the furough chairman, however my understanding was they can go anywhere AA needs them or they can exercise their rights to SLT (AA's designation for STL) over anyone else who would like to go in a preference bid.

Regards,

AAflyer

Corrected version: Any TWA pilot protected under CC will be able to reinstate directly into SLT upon recall. When I say "protected", I mean any pilot hired at TWA on or before a date ranging from 9/28/90 (for bidding widebody) through 7/17/97 (for bidding narrowbody.) These dates represent the widebody and narrowbody fences in SLT for CA and F/O. Anyone hired at TWA after 7/17/97 does not get the automatic reinstatement to SLT, and is subject to the same rules a "Native" furloughee has - the Co sends him/her wherever they need.

PIPE - I'm not trying to stir any kind of pot with this info. Maybe you are. I'm just providing info for those coming back and/or thinking of coming back. As far as my personal opinion, we live by the agreement we signed, period. If that means that a lot of furloughed/displaced TWA S80 CAs get to reinstate to their seat, I don't see the problem. If others want to bee-itch about it, that's their own miserable choice - don't count me in.

Last edited:
Hey Mach8Forest, where are you? You'd have usually attempted some lame slam against me by now. I'm gettin' worried!

:p

Correct AAflyer, ANY TWA pilot - regardless of seniority - gets an automatic SLT bid upon recall. Or if they choose not to go to SLT, they go wherever the Co needs them.

PIPE - I'm not trying to stir any kind of pot with this info. Maybe you are. I'm just providing info for those coming back and/or thinking of coming back. As far as my personal opinion, we live by the agreement we signed, period. If that means that a lot of furloughed/displaced TWA S80 CAs get to reinstate to their seat, I don't see the problem. If others want to bee-itch about it, that's their own miserable choice - don't count me in.

I'm not trying to stir the pot either. I am two airlines removed now and happily employed. I have flown (recently) with AA guys at my present airline. During the obligitory "what's your background" discussion on leg one I got the "None of you TWA guys should even have a job" speech when I told him my background (I had voiced no opinions on the matter). I'm just saying that I think there will be a lot of dissent in the ranks on the AA side now that it's time to pay the piper a teeny tiny little bit.

PIPE

I'm not trying to stir the pot either. I am two airlines removed now and happily employed. I have flown (recently) with AA guys at my present airline. During the obligitory "what's your background" discussion on leg one I got the "None of you TWA guys should even have a job" speech when I told him my background (I had voiced no opinions on the matter). I'm just saying that I think there will be a lot of dissent in the ranks on the AA side now that it's time to pay the piper a teeny tiny little bit.

PIPE

Pipe,

You will always have that small percent. Just like Mach8 would probably watch me die before offering help in a car accident, some of our guys think Supp CC has caused all the wrongs in their life.

If you come back soon, glad to have you back, if you come back as a captain, cool. If I fly with you as your FO we can hopefully have a beer at the layover.

regards,

AA

Anyways back to my original point. We are going to be recalling more pilots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Not so fast.....

Hmmm, bad time to get knocked up!

....think about. She comes back for the free dinner, goes on maternity leave. She sounds like a real pilot to me. I may have to send her a gift for the baby shower! Smart lady.

Latest resources

Back