AA pilot arrested in England for suspicion of being drunk

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
32LT10 said:
Oh 73 you really are a class act. The vulgarity is really becoming. Again I ask you for numbers and you can only turn the subject to something other than what was asked. Well I am not sure how to answer your stimulating questions. In 2000 UAL pilots achieved the highest paying contract in the industry. Where was AA? When did you set the bar? How about B-scale? Do you remember your groups lowering the bar to those wages back in the day? I sure do. Still have my no-B scale button and a scab list to prove we would not accept a B-scale. Yep, AA really has been a friend of the industry. HA

That sounds good if you pretend that Blue Skies never happened. That action at UAL led to a reaction at AMR. At least in the case of AA, their management grew the airline under the B-scale. What did UAL management do with Blue Skies ---squandered it which eventually required the ESOP bail out / debacle.

Wow- talk about a thread going south. After reading all the posts, I give AAslag an A+ for perspective.

If you guys want to continue "debating" please try to steer clear of the insults to one another.

Thanks

UAL78 said:
Wow- talk about a thread going south. After reading all the posts, I give AAslag an A+ for perspective.

If you guys want to continue "debating" please try to steer clear of the insults to one another.

Thanks

Hi, it's Dave!

One thing is clear. Pilots who try to get their "message" out there by using the media get VERY touchy when one of your fellow pilots acts irresponsibly and it's captured by the media.

You can't have it both ways.

Typical pilots.

AA717driver said:
Oh, we're not over it, we're just biding our time. You REALLY think this guy was drunk? HAH! That's one number down... Only 9,000 to go. ;) TC

Thanks TC

This would make any TWA pilot proud. Typical TWA family sticking together. I am also proud that the industry finally understands how AMR and it's greedy employees raped TWA. "Two Great Airlines, One Great Future" Hah.... remember that AA scablickers!

Whale Pilot said:
Thanks TC

This would make any TWA pilot proud. Typical TWA family sticking together. I am also proud that the industry finally understands how AMR and it's greedy employees raped TWA. "Two Great Airlines, One Great Future" Hah.... remember that AA scablickers!

Whale Pilot,

With all due respect I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you received the short end of the stick. But please put blame where blame is due. To blame the rank and file AA pilots for something they had no control over is absurd. If you want to be ticked off for life, go for it - but blame the right parties. Call up Ed White and the APA negotiating team and give 'em hell. Write Don Carty and send in a little dingleberry turd in the envelope. Sue the F--K out of ALPA and get as much money as you can. But please lay off the AA employees, specifically pilots who had no say in what went down. Trust me when I say, we watched from the sidelines. There was no vote for this whole deal - none. Most if not all of us would have voted for no jobs lost. You can thank Bin Laden for that little gem.

I had the opportunity to fly out of STL for a little over a year. A fine group of professionals amongst which I made many friends. Let's see if we can carry over that professionalism to this thread. I'll gladly start.

32LT10, the fact that the moderator edited your absurd posts speaks volumes about the kind of person you really are. Nice to know that you cast stones over accidents that took lives of passengers and crews, as if that stuff couldn't happen to you. Nice to know that you'll give benefit of the doubt to an accused drunk pilot, but yet you won't give benefit of the doubt to an F/O who didn't realize how monstrously powerful the A300 rudder really is. I could sit here and chastise a whole bunch of incidents/accidents made by your fine folk but I won't.

I'll be watching your reaction if/when UAL merges with someone else. Nice to know that the UAL folks were gloating about stapling all of the USAir emplyees back in '00. I'll bet you were pretty vocal about that.

Whether you think the AA-TWA deal was fair or not, I could care less. It happened, and through no fault of AA employees. Maybe the APA leadership will get what it deserves, but to sit here and wish ill onto our pilot group who had no say in this is pretty immature.

That's all Folks, blue skies.

P.S. Moderators - thanks for putting up with all this crap - a lot of which came from me.

aa73 said:
Whale Pilot,

With all due respect I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you received the short end of the stick. But please put blame where blame is due. To blame the rank and file AA pilots for something they had no control over is absurd. If you want to be ticked off for life, go for it - but blame the right parties. Call up Ed White and the APA negotiating team and give 'em hell. Write Don Carty and send in a little dingleberry turd in the envelope. Sue the F--K out of ALPA and get as much money as you can. But please lay off the AA employees, specifically pilots who had no say in what went down. Trust me when I say, we watched from the sidelines. There was no vote for this whole deal - none. Most if not all of us would have voted for no jobs lost. You can thank Bin Laden for that little gem.

I had the opportunity to fly out of STL for a little over a year. A fine group of professionals amongst which I made many friends. Let's see if we can carry over that professionalism to this thread. I'll gladly start.

32LT10, the fact that the moderator edited your absurd posts speaks volumes about the kind of person you really are. Nice to know that you cast stones over accidents that took lives of passengers and crews, as if that stuff couldn't happen to you. Nice to know that you'll give benefit of the doubt to an accused drunk pilot, but yet you won't give benefit of the doubt to an F/O who didn't realize how monstrously powerful the A300 rudder really is. I could sit here and chastise a whole bunch of incidents/accidents made by your fine folk but I won't.

I'll be watching your reaction if/when UAL merges with someone else. Nice to know that the UAL folks were gloating about stapling all of the USAir emplyees back in '00. I'll bet you were pretty vocal about that.

Whether you think the AA-TWA deal was fair or not, I could care less. It happened, and through no fault of AA employees. Maybe the APA leadership will get what it deserves, but to sit here and wish ill onto our pilot group who had no say in this is pretty immature.

That's all Folks, blue skies.

P.S. Moderators - thanks for putting up with all this crap - a lot of which came from me.

Well,

AA 73 let me first state that I didn't specifically say pilots; I said employees. The flight attendant group got the worst deal. They were all stapled, stripped of any benefits and then had their right to recall was negotiated away so AA flight attendant's could keep their jobs. Now that the five year window is approaching, Every single TWA flight attendant's careers are being forever lost while leaves of absences are being denied due to improper manpower planning; many TWA flight attendants careers are gone forever. In fact, APA and APFA are negoatiating with AMR to fly extra because of short staffing. I am not aware of any airline employee group willing to fly extra while its union brothers and sisters are furloughed. That's pure greed. But since the TWA employees are not even worth the reach around, it really doesn't matter to the AMR employee group. When APA implements pref. bidding, the staffing crunch will be relieved even further allowing the furlough clock to run longer.

Every employee group of TWA was destroyed, not just pilots. APA put the ALPA drive on hold while the TWA pilot staple (aka sh*t sandwich) was being prepared. APA wanted to staple all TWA pilots and advised ALPA to help in doing it. The carrot for ALPA was the rank and file of the AMR pilots once this was complete. ALPA advised our MEC to accept Supp. CC. WE WOULDN'T SIGN. Now of course all of this will come out in court. ALPA cannot begin the membership drive at AA now because of the lawsuit brought on by the rank and file pilot group of TWA.

So to say you all sat on the sidelines and couldn't do anything, is like the Germans in all the towns stating they didn't smell the stench from the woods.

I am not aware of any airline employee group willing to fly extra while its union brothers and sisters are furloughed.

Ask the USair and UAL pilots what their monthly max was before and after they furloughed pilots.

aa73 said:
Whale Pilot,

32LT10, the fact that the moderator edited your absurd posts speaks volumes about the kind of person you really are. Nice to know that you cast stones over accidents that took lives of passengers and crews, as if that stuff couldn't happen to you.

73 You started the whole name calling with your douche comment. You can not take the stones being thrown back at then don't throw them in the first place.

Of course from your bio you are but a wet behind the ears pup in the aviation world. Heck I probably have peanut dust in the bottom of my flight bag that has been around longer than you. Perhaps with longevity will come knowledge.

So I suppose the numbers of TWA pilots at AA is a great secret that no one call tell?

Finally, I will apologize to you and the offending pilot if he is proven to be sober. But I feel pretty comofortable in the fact that he will be found guilty as charged. The one good thing AA has is a spin department. They will spin it to their benefit somehow. In the end it is just another drunk pilot and AA will skate just like they have in all of the other , dare I say the word, crashes in the recent past. AAmaazing whaat a good PR depaartment can do when AA does something stupid.

32LT10 said:
I probably have peanut dust in the bottom of my flight bag that has been around longer than you.
Hahaha. Good one.

AA717driver said:
Oh, we're not over it, we're just biding our time. You REALLY think this guy was drunk? HAH! That's one number down... Only 9,000 to go. ;) TC

Thanks TC, go ahead, spill your guts.....You don't remember the definition of covert? Obviously not, or you would remember the blood oath.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back