AA pilot arrested in England for suspicion of being drunk

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fox-Tree said:
Like I said, it ain't the AA pilot's job to take it the shorts just because you guys got bought out.

So sorry to disappoint you fox-tree, but I did not work for TWA or AA. I just have a good appreciation for the underhanded dealings that the APA used on the TWA pilots. This was a stuff job and the AA pilots will someday be held accountable for the crimes they have commited.

Dangerkitty said:
Its time to get on with your life dude. No one cares about your bitterness nor your problems. Thats life.

I did not work for TWA nor AA. Just an informed UAL pilot that has a good grasp on the atroctities that AA has commited.

I'll also try to steer back on topic...

I have a good bud, a really nice guy, who is flying with a waiver for diabetes. Several monbths ago, after boarding his plane, a FAM introduced himself, thought he detected alcohol, and called the airport police. While the police were enroute, the FAM tried to detain (verbally) my friend, who was having none of it. He left the scene for an alcohol test, which of course came back 0.0000000%

Like sexual harassment, you are guilty, hung, drawn and quartered by "do-goody" types who think they need to save the public, be they judges, TSA, cops, child protective services, etc.

The Manchester FB may have had a BAC; if so, he deserves to be fired but no jail time, as he did not operate the equipment. If he is totally innocent, I think some civil lawsuits would be appropriate by both this pilot and AA.

aa73 said:
Hey Mr UAL-patented Butt Reamer,
The judge is corrupt, oh sure. I knew you were gonna revert to that lame a$$ defense. You wanna talk corrupt judges, tell me about the judge that let your AIRLINE WALLOW AROUND FOR THREE YEARS IN BK AND THEN RE-EMERGE! Gee, how much damage did that do to airlines like CAL and AA who actually had to pay their bills. Not to mention the undue damages to all the pilot groups that had to stoop to your level.

So get off your high horse and go fly your Euro Trash for $125/hour.... Hey! That's Jetblue's rate as well! So now you can both sing the Rhapsody IN BLUE together. In the mean time, we'll do you all a favor and not cave in the way your lame a$$ pilot group did. You're welcome.

Oh 73 you really are a class act. The vulgarity is really becoming. Again I ask you for numbers and you can only turn the subject to something other than what was asked. Well I am not sure how to answer your stimulating questions. In 2000 UAL pilots achieved the highest paying contract in the industry. Where was AA? When did you set the bar? How about B-scale? Do you remember your groups lowering the bar to those wages back in the day? I sure do. Still have my no-B scale button and a scab list to prove we would not accept a B-scale. Yep, AA really has been a friend of the industry. HA

Corrupt judge in the UAL case. OK whatever you say big guy. I just hope it roast your nuts that UAL is still in business and that our stock is still trading higher than AA and the analyst upped the target to $45 a share yesterday.

Now back to the original subject matter of this thread: What will be the fallout of the drunk AA pilot for the rest of the crew. Why did the Captain allow him to go to work in an obvious state of inebriation? Is there a cover up here?

One of my favorite quotes on this whole thing was from the AA press release. "Hey he was only a relief pilot!" Like he was on second shift and it was OK for him to show up toasted. What does your FOM say about a bunkie and drinking? Do they really have a waiver to show up blasted?

So many questions and so few pubs. Euro trash? You mean an airbus? Like the ones you have with the folding tails Who pushes a rudder like that? Someone that would land in a T-stm in LIT and not back up a button push in South America? Think any of those guys were drinking also?

Moderator reviewed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gorilla said:
I'll also try to steer back on topic...

The Manchester FB may have had a BAC; if so, he deserves to be fired but no jail time, as he did not operate the equipment. If he is totally innocent, I think some civil lawsuits would be appropriate by both this pilot and AA.

Didn't the US lock up the Virgin Atlantic pilot that was popped at IAD a year or so ago. If so this may be a bit of tit for tat. If the VS pilot is doing time I would think they will try to make the same rules stick for the AA pilot.

32LT10 said:
I did not work for TWA nor AA. Just an informed UAL pilot that has a good grasp on the atroctities that AA has commited.

LMAO....a UAL pilot talking about committing atrocities!!!!!!

Take a look in your own closet for skeletons before you start casting stones.

32LT10 said:
In 2000 UAL pilots achieved the highest paying contract in the industry. Where was AA?

AA got the same exact rates in 2001 but turned them down over SCOPE. We didn't want the pay if it meant more RJ's going to Eagle. Something you guys at UAL didn't consider.

32LT10 said:
I just hope it roast your nuts that UAL is still in business and that our stock is still trading higher than AA and the analyst upped the target to $45 a share yesterday.

Quit posting financial information when it is obvious you dont have a clue what you are talking about. The individual price of a stock means very very little. SWA's stock is selling for 16.75. By using your logic that would mean that UAL is in better shape because its shares are double that of LUV's. It doesn't work like that junior.

UAL's market cap is 1.7 Billion while AMR's market cap is 4.2 Billon. Just to let you now LUV's market cap is 13.4 Billion. The individual share price UAL stock means nothing. Market cap is what it is all about. Boy are you clueless.

Dangerkitty said:
AA got the same exact rates in 2001 but turned them down over SCOPE. We didn't want the pay if it meant more RJ's going to Eagle. Something you guys at UAL didn't consider.

Quit posting financial information when it is obvious you dont have a clue what you are talking about. The individual price of a stock means very very little. SWA's stock is selling for 16.75. By using your logic that would mean that UAL is in better shape because its shares are double that of LUV's. It doesn't work like that junior.

Oh the AAilleteraati. You are so right. I never see any AAeale airplanes anywhere. You really put the squash on those airplanes. What you really did was put you and your airline at the competitive disadvantage. While I sure wish we had the 70 seaters at the mainline UAL is kicking AAhiney with the E170 and the CRJ700 with explus service. You guys are now behind the power curve.

As for the stock, junior, I do understand the market cap. However, the AA'ers on here were quick to point out that the UAL stock would tank as soon as it was issued. It has done exactly the opposite. While the future is still anyones guess the AA and JBLU crowd on here have been proven wrong once again.

So how drunk was he?

Dangerkitty said:
Further up the thread someone suggested you take a hint from AA717Driver, XTW and a few others. While we may disagree with each other on some parts of the TWA buyout, we have learned to get along anyway and even enjoy each others company.

Oh, we're not over it, we're just biding our time. You REALLY think this guy was drunk? HAH! That's one number down... Only 9,000 to go. ;) TC

Latest resources

Back