Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whale Pilot said:
Thanks TC

This would make any TWA pilot proud. Typical TWA family sticking together. I am also proud that the industry finally understands how AMR and it's greedy employees raped TWA. "Two Great Airlines, One Great Future" Hah.... remember that AA scablickers!

Ok, I'm sorry, I have to admit that Whales last sentence did crack me up.

Thanks Don Carty, Thanks Don Burr, and thank you Francisco Lorenzo. And a special howdy to our best bud.......Uncle Carl, that is if we may call you Carl.

AAslag said:
...that is if we may call you Carl.

:D ;) TC

P.S.--Sorry about busting cover. Does that mean I'm out of the next mission?

No, but we have to take your Knights Templar ring away!

Whale Pilot said:
Well,
So to say you all sat on the sidelines and couldn't do anything, is like the Germans in all the towns stating they didn't smell the stench from the woods.

Whale,

We smelled the stench.... we knew what was going on.... but I once again challenge you to this question - what in heck could we do about it? Soundoffs? Lobbying the politicians? I'm sure that while you were employed by AA, you got a taste of just how helpless the pilot group is when APA or AMR management gets an idea.

I'll give you an idea of where we stood during the whole fiasco. These things were changing on a weekly basis. We (the rank and file) didn't even know the final outcome until weeks later when it was all mailed out to the membership. (the details of Supp CC, that is.) So what, exactly, could we do? Until you TWA radicals can answer that question, I have to call B.S. on your comment that we, the employees, screwed you.

Don't forget that when the APA started negotiating sessions with the TWA MEC, half the time your guys would either walk out or boycott the meeting from the start. After a few of those, the APA got fed up. I would, too. This whole thing wasn't entirely the APA playing "bad boy." There are two sides to every story.

Sooo, in the end your own union refused to stand up for you guys. After all those years paying dues, ALPA decided to look the other way, and the result is what it is. Kind of like a teacher looking the other way when a kid does something questionable. So in that regard, all of your stories regarding loss of jobs on the TWA sides can be attributed to 1) ALPA failing to represent you in a proper way, and 2) 9/11. All the APA did was put forth several seniority integration proposals, of which the last one stood in court. ALPA just looked the other way. And when 9/11 hit, thousands of jobs were lost, both on the TWA and AA side.

So while I sympathize with your plight regarding your furlough, I don't appreciate being personally blamed for your status. It was about as much in my control as my eye color.

32LT10 said:
73 You started the whole name calling with your douche comment. You can not take the stones being thrown back at then don't throw them in the first place.

Of course from your bio you are but a wet behind the ears pup in the aviation world. Heck I probably have peanut dust in the bottom of my flight bag that has been around longer than you. Perhaps with longevity will come knowledge.

So I suppose the numbers of TWA pilots at AA is a great secret that no one call tell?

Finally, I will apologize to you and the offending pilot if he is proven to be sober. But I feel pretty comofortable in the fact that he will be found guilty as charged. The one good thing AA has is a spin department. They will spin it to their benefit somehow. In the end it is just another drunk pilot and AA will skate just like they have in all of the other , dare I say the word, crashes in the recent past. AAmaazing whaat a good PR depaartment can do when AA does something stupid.

32L,

Regardless of my time in the industry, I call it like I see it. So in that respect I apologize for the "douche" comment. But to sit here and chastize the AA pilot group for something they were not responsible for reeks of immaturity and bitterness on your part. Maybe you've been in this industry too long.

Neswflash - UAL pilots, over time, have also gotten busted over the bottle. Just about any pilot from any airline has had it happen. But don't hold me responsible for the actions of someone with a lack of good judgment. I watch my own a$$ just fine.

Whatever happened with the whole asset acquisition is out of my control. I just call the facts the way I see them, and the facts are that both pilot groups were locked out of negotiations. So direct your anger towards the APA negotiating comittee, and ALPA, and 9/11. Keep us pilots out of it, cause we didn't have a say in it.

Out of 2300 total TWA pilots, about 500 remain on the property.
Out of about 11,000 total AA pilots (pre 9/11), about 9400 remain on the property.

So we've seen massive furloughs from both sides, plus massive retirements. AA has also drawn down the fleet from the acquisition date, whereby several AA and TWA aircraft have been retired. i.e. it's a wash.

Good day,

aa73 said:
32L,

Regardless of my time in the industry, I call it like I see it. So in that respect I apologize for the "douche" comment. But to sit here and chastize the AA pilot group for something they were not responsible for reeks of immaturity and bitterness on your part. Maybe you've been in this industry too long.

Neswflash - UAL pilots, over time, have also gotten busted over the bottle. Just about any pilot from any airline has had it happen. But don't hold me responsible for the actions of someone with a lack of good judgment. I watch my own a$$ just fine.

Whatever happened with the whole asset acquisition is out of my control. I just call the facts the way I see them, and the facts are that both pilot groups were locked out of negotiations. So direct your anger towards the APA negotiating comittee, and ALPA, and 9/11. Keep us pilots out of it, cause we didn't have a say in it.

Out of 2300 total TWA pilots, about 500 remain on the property.
Out of about 11,000 total AA pilots (pre 9/11), about 9400 remain on the property.

So we've seen massive furloughs from both sides, plus massive retirements. AA has also drawn down the fleet from the acquisition date, whereby several AA and TWA aircraft have been retired. i.e. it's a wash.

Good day,

Hey idiot,

AA had approximately 9700 pilots on the property when Supp CC was imposed. In fact the implementation date was postponed an additional two weeks so you guys could get a couple more new hire classes in. You also used a seniority list for the staple job that used retired twa pilots for the intregration of the upper 30% thus further putting the twa pilot group on the bottom. While a 15 year captain was put on the street, an aa wonderboy with a months seniority kept his job!

Whale Pilot said:
Hey idiot,

AA had approximately 9700 pilots on the property when Supp CC was imposed. In fact the implementation date was postponed an additional two weeks so you guys could get a couple more new hire classes in. You also used a seniority list for the staple job that used retired twa pilots for the intregration of the upper 30% thus further putting the twa pilot group on the bottom. While a 15 year captain was put on the street, an aa wonderboy with a months seniority kept his job!

Oh, so now you resort to name calling when I try and clear up the facts?

You ignorant turd, when Supp CC was implemented my senioritynumber was around 10300, and I had over 1000 pilots below me. Do the math, 10300 +1000 =11300, plus or minus a few. Why don't you gather your facts before you spout your drivel. Not only that, Sup CC was implemented after 9/11 - and we weren't hiring anymore, so that part about "getting a couple more new hire classes in" is total BS!

A 15 year captain put on the street, and an AA "wonderboy" got to keep his job. Well, what do you expect, that AA "wonderboy" was HIRED at AA before your ignorant a$$ was ACQUIRED, NUMBNUTS! So PISS OFF!

That's what I get for trying to talk sense to a mule!

Last edited:
aa73 said:
Oh, so now you resort to name calling when I try and clear up the facts?

You ignorant turd, when Supp CC was implemented my senioritynumber was around 10300, and I had over 1000 pilots below me. Do the math, 10300 +1000 =11300, plus or minus a few. Why don't you gather your facts before you spout your drivel. Not only that, Sup CC was implemented after 9/11 - and we weren't hiring anymore, so that part about "getting a couple more new hire classes in" is total BS!

A 15 year captain put on the street, and an AA "wonderboy" got to keep his job. Well, what do you expect, that AA "wonderboy" was HIRED at AA before your ignorant a$$ was ACQUIRED, NUMBNUTS! So PISS OFF!

That's what I get for trying to talk sense to a mule!

Hey AA73,

I apologize but I didn't write the above comment. I was flying and I must not have signed out of the computer in the business center. Please forgive what was said and I will make sure in the future that I click to sign off before leaving a public computer again.

Again, please accept my apologies.

Whale

Whale Pilot said:
Hey AA73,

I apologize but I didn't write the above comment. I was flying and I must not have signed out of the computer in the business center. Please forgive what was said and I will make sure in the future that I click to sign off before leaving a public computer again.

Again, please accept my apologies.

Whale

Accepted, and sorry that I lost it.

Peace,

Ok, now that we have a temporary cease fire does anyone know the status.

Did he blow positive or not?

Slag: Looking for more ammo.

Latest resources

Back