AA pilot arrested in England for suspicion of being drunk

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TheRaven said:
Exactly----all a "security" screener has to do is say they smell something on your breath and you are instantly public enemy number one, guilty until proven innocent. I'm crying BS on this too, until it's proven otherwise. Give the guy the benefit of the doubt. I'm guessing there was some altercation between the pilot and the screener, and the screener decided to call out the heavy weapons and have the pilot detained on suspicion of being drunk to show how much power he actually has.
To bad there isn't some company marketing a mouthwash that leaves your breath smelling like a long night out on the town. That could be interesting, as there isn't a law against bad breath, just one against possessing a BAC.

AAflyer said:
So, how many pilots have been yanked out under suspicion and it turned out false. It is funny to see this group continuously harp on how the media so often gets it wrong, however we tend to believe them when the situation suits us.

The sad thing is, if and when this is settled and if he is innocent you won;t here a word about it in the paper.

Considering how many of you deal with airport security, and the problems and issues that have arisen, I am surprised you immediately assume the worst. A guess a few bad apples in the past have made every pilot SUSPECTED of this GUILTY.

AAflyer

Accidents, Incidents, Alcohol, we seem to have so many "experts" here that know what happened and then wield the gavel.

Very interesting view,

I suppose you sleep well at night knowing what you and your fellow co-workers pillaged the careers of so many TWA employees.

Do you have any idea how many familys were destoyed from divorce, loss of homes and even suicide?

You fly their planes, routes and operate from their gates and use the excuse that you saved the airline and saved jobs that would have been lost anyway as an excuse. Any demise that comes to AA or it's employees is well deserved. I wonder how the rest of the industry view's the "vultures"

I suppose you sleep well at night knowing what you and your fellow co-workers pillaged the careers of so many TWA employees.

We did....?

Very interesting view.

Didn't think I pillaged anything, ended up furloughed like so many other guys after 9-11.
Can't say I blame anybody but Carthy and his pizz-poor judgment, paying good money for TWA, and Osama for his blood thirst.

Now it is the AA employees that pillgaged TWA????

Been smoking crack Mr. Whale Pilot?

Whale Pilot said:
Very interesting view,

Do you have any idea how many familys were destoyed from divorce, loss of homes and even suicide?

You fly their planes, routes and operate from their gates and use the excuse that you saved the airline and saved jobs that would have been lost anyway as an excuse. Any demise that comes to AA or it's employees is well deserved. I wonder how the rest of the industry view's the "vultures"

Wow, what a hijack!

We'll all give you the benefit of the doubt that you forgot to spank your cat this morning.

But do us all a favor and leave the AA employees out of your personal issues. After all, we're just along for the ride.

And finally, go back and read some posts by AA717Driver, XTW and 75M to name a few. They represent the mostly professional TWA pilots we've all come to know and respect.

Cheers,

p.s. Uncle Don is alive and well at Virgin America, he'll be glad to take full blame for your "suicides, divorces and loss of homes."

Whale Pilot said:
Very interesting view,

Whale Pilot posting an assinine comment on a thread about a drunk pilot is kind of ironic.

I wish I had saved some of the PM's sent to me by Whale Pilot after an obvious night of heavy drinking. The guy didn't make much sense except to say that the AA - TWA debacle was all my fault.

Dont listen to this drunken idiot. He is a moron.

CSY Mon said:
We did....?

Now it is the AA employees that pillgaged TWA????

What did the AA employees do to try and mitigate the loss of TWA jobs? What did APA do to assure a fair and equitable integration. The numbers are way too skewed to be defended. The APA and it's pilots pillaged the TWA ranks. What is amazing is that the average AA'er has the ability to not see what they did. It is almost as if you guys use Dick Cheney's glasses for vision.

Go study two things, and then come back to me with your fact findings:

1. Asset acquisition vs. merger

2. ALPA's Fragmentation policy vs. merger policy

P.S. For extra credit, study this case review: The 1991 DAL-PanAm asset acquisition, and resultant seniority integration.

Last edited:
32LT10 said:
What did the AA employees do to try and mitigate the loss of TWA jobs? What did APA do to assure a fair and equitable integration. The numbers are way too skewed to be defended. The APA and it's pilots pillaged the TWA ranks. What is amazing is that the average AA'er has the ability to not see what they did. It is almost as if you guys use Dick Cheney's glasses for vision.

This coming from a guy that thinks JetBlue is problem with the industry. Have you taken a look at your pay lately, who is lowering the bar now.

AA

Oppss, almost forget where you UAL types wanted to put the USAIR guys on the list. That was funny. I believe the UAL captain told me "USAIR" is kinda like a regional, they are lucky to be getting on with us, they should all be stapled." Actually he said a few other things, I just don't want to get banned for repeating them.

Last edited:
32LT10 said:

Actually you should be asking what ALPA did to help them mitigate the losses. I am sure you understand the quality work of that union. Don't they negotiate for you as well?

AAflyer said:
This coming from a guy that thinks JetBlue is problem with the industry. Have you taken a look at your pay lately, who is lowering the bar now.

AA

Oppss, almost forget where you UAL types wanted to put the USAIR guys on the list. That was funny. I believe the UAL captain told me "USAIR" is kinda like a regional, they are lucky to be getting on with us, they should all be stapled." Actually he said a few other things, I just don't want to get banned for repeating them.

Lowering the bar? Well we set the bar I suppose we were allowed to lower it. Did not see too many DL pilots floating around with AA+ stickers back in the day now did we? I suppose I MEC should have done what your MEC did and ask to start paycut talks before the company brought it up. Now that was funny.

Well a UAL pilot might have said that as I have no way to discredit your imagination but I bet that ONE UAL pilot did not set the merger policy.

However, in the case of APA you guys were not bound by ALPA Merger policy and you screwed the TWA pilots to the wall. It is OK for you to try and deflect the facts in this case by bringing up the US merger. One that did not happen instead of discussing the one that did and the one that your union buried the TWA pilots. Why not tell us how many TWA pilots are on the street and how many are on the property?

If you want to get off the topic again perhaps you can tell us the sobriety limits for the UK. I'll by the next round ;)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back