• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA makes offer to the APA----and it's.....well....uhhh

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In my mind profit sharing is risky and a way airline management plays employees for fools. Have we forgotten the decades of year over year losses? Is it not too difficult to show a loss through various accounting principles and the fluctuating price of oil? We are professionals whose careers are at stake every time we head off to work, visit the doctor, or observe a blip in the economy or the latest terrorist attack. We should be compensated appropriately up front just as any doctor, accountant, plumber, electrician, whatever. I make roughly what I made in 2001, and that is unacceptable. Leave the glorious bonuses for the executives (they'll get them one way or the other). We need the compensation now to pay the bills.

If pilots "need a pay raise to pay the bills", then they need a class on personal finance.

Yes we should be paid more for what we do. RJ pilots even more so.

We also should not work three calendar days for 10 F-ing hours of pay. We shouldn't work 12-14 hours in a day and get paid 5.

We should not have ever agreed to fly 187 pax planes for 737 pay.... On and on and on we have paid for our own "raises" and now work 20+ days a month as a block holder.

This job sucks, but it pays damn good, and it's easy as eating pie, 20+ days a month. I'm sick of pie.

If pilots "need a pay raise to pay the bills", then they need a class on personal finance.

This job sucks, but it pays damn good, and it's easy as eating pie, 20+ days a month. I'm sick of pie.

Please stay far away from the negotiating table.

You have so much to learn about this profession. The rest of the industry is sick of paying your tuition.

Yes we should be paid more for what we do. RJ pilots even more so.

We also should not work three calendar days for 10 F-ing hours of pay. We shouldn't work 12-14 hours in a day and get paid 5.

We should not have ever agreed to fly 187 pax planes for 737 pay.... On and on and on we have paid for our own "raises" and now work 20+ days a month as a block holder.

Your parents basement still seems to rock for ya.

Here is a little youtube video from Roger Pollack, a labor lawyer from Bredhoff Kaiser, a DC labor law firm. He is addressing a meeting of the APFA and discussing the limits of arbitration over their contractual terms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yUuAygwIPs

So how do you argue his logic, unless of course after the arbitration you change the name of the union, ignore the arbitration and spend 6 years defending the old lower pay scale...

Thank Bradford for the millions he cost you suckers who fell for his fool's errand. Say what you want about the east; you may be stupid, but you're predictable.

Enjoy the turkey the APA bought you. And the stuffin' you're about to get from the arb.

Latest resources

Back