AA makes offer to the APA----and it's.....well....uhhh

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
yawn.....

big $$$ coming our way... Genny and scoot bout to get jelly!!!!

dyj...
dyj...dyj...
dyj...dyj...
dyj...dyj...
dyj...dyj...
dyj...dyj...
dyj...dyj...
dyj...dyj...
dyj...dyj...
dyj...dyj...
dyj...dyj...
dyj...dyj...
dyj...dyj...
dyj...dyj...
dyj...dyj...
dyj...dyj...
dyj...dyj...
dyj...dyj...
dyj...dyj...
dyj...

Last edited:
dyj...
dyj...dyj...
dyj...dyj...
dyj...dyj...
dyj...dyj...
dyj...dyj...
dyj...dyj...
dyj...dyj...
dyj...dyj...
dyj...dyj...
dyj...dyj...
dyj...dyj...
dyj...dyj...
dyj...dyj...
dyj...dyj...
dyj...dyj...
dyj...dyj...
dyj...dyj...
dyj...dyj...
dyj...

Alllllllrighty then........

Bye Bye----General Lee

Geez, based upon this thread of continuous inane comments, it seems flightinfo.com has so little information of value anymore. Might as well watch Jerry Springer, it's classier.

Geez, based upon this thread of continuous inane comments, it seems flightinfo.com has so little information of value anymore. Might as well watch Jerry Springer, it's classier.

Put the arrogant pr!ck General Lee on your ignore list and it's tolerable.

Does anyone remember when profit sharing was a concession?

As a matter of fact I do. There was a time when the notion was widely ridiculed. Research industry profits between 1990 (when the train started to go backwards) and 2010 (when it started going forward again). Most thought the idea was crazy. Industry never makes a dime and you want to give me what....?

Lets be honest, till a few years ago we'd gladly have traded profit-sharing for a 3% raise.

Ironically AWA required employee stock purchase when it started up in order to make employees feel more a part of the airline. Oh, and also to get back some of what it paid them in wages. So while they were more than happy to have "loss-sharing" they now seem less enthusiastic with profit sharing.

In my mind profit sharing is risky and a way airline management plays employees for fools. Have we forgotten the decades of year over year losses? Is it not too difficult to show a loss through various accounting principles and the fluctuating price of oil? We are professionals whose careers are at stake every time we head off to work, visit the doctor, or observe a blip in the economy or the latest terrorist attack. We should be compensated appropriately up front just as any doctor, accountant, plumber, electrician, whatever. I make roughly what I made in 2001, and that is unacceptable. Leave the glorious bonuses for the executives (they'll get them one way or the other). We need the compensation now to pay the bills.

Latest resources

Back