Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Profit sharing or pounding sand, its your choice Dougie & Kirby

Profit sharing or pounding sand, its your choice Dougie & Kirby

But Parker says ""We just think it's an inefficient way to pay team members...."

Bye Bye---General Lee

If you give up scope you can never get it back!!!! That should be a non-starter. But I guess Dougie really wants to find a place for those upcoming MRJs...

AAG pay rates proposed do cover what Delta pays it's pilots plus profit sharing just looking at the pay rate per hour when compared to how Delta pays profit sharing. If AAG makes another 500 million in the 4th quarter the pay rate of 219/hour for group 2 Captains is 10/hour over Delta that equals Delta pay plus their profit sharing. BUT, the devil is in the details. All the other QOL item needs improvement such as min day, scope, better rules for our reserves, etc. APA is still negotiating. This first offer is just smoke and mirror display from Parker, Kirby and Glass. We shall see.

AAG pay rates proposed do cover what Delta pays it's pilots plus profit sharing just looking at the pay rate per hour when compared to how Delta pays profit sharing. If AAG makes another 500 million in the 4th quarter the pay rate of 219/hour for group 2 Captains is 10/hour over Delta that equals Delta pay plus their profit sharing. BUT, the devil is in the details. All the other QOL item needs improvement such as min day, scope, better rules for our reserves, etc. APA is still negotiating. This first offer is just smoke and mirror display from Parker, Kirby and Glass. We shall see.

Yeah......okay Doug....

Bye Bye---General Lee

GL,

Not sure why you seem to be taking it personally but we are AGREEING with you that AA's proposal falls seriously short of an ILC, much less what Delta has. Trust me, we don't want Delta's current contract - we want Delta's current contract plus around 20% more in EVERY area.

In other words, we want to lead the industry for once.

We're right there with ya in criticizing what AA pushed in front of us. We are not attacking your beloved airline.

Just so we're clear.

Historically airlines have lost more than they have made in profit. I would be more concerned with protections when the prosperity bubble bursts. Giving away scope just makes the bad times last longer for the pilots affected. Don't be too fixated on book rates because airplanes parked in the desert don't pay anything.

WRONG!!! My profit sharing for this year is going to be equal to 2 months pay. More than a piddly 10 bucks an hour. I've seen forecast numbers for next year for as much as 6 months pay. It increases exponentially above the $2.5 billion.

historically airlines have lost more than they have made in profit. I would be more concerned with protections when the prosperity bubble bursts. Giving away scope just makes the bad times last longer for the pilots affected. Don't be too fixated on book rates because airplanes parked in the desert don't pay anything.

amen.

Latest resources

Back