• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA announces recall

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
<sarcasm> Hopfully that age 65 rule passes so we can squash this for another 5 years. </sarcasm>

I just got word from my pal on this too! Great news from AMR finally!

I'm wondering how many they'll have to recall to get their 10.. 25, 30? God knows maybe 1/2 of them are out of aviation and the other 1/2 are at SWA or Fedex, etc..

Would be great to get some accurate retirement info as if we can assume 500/yr and figure a 3:1 recall ratio... it could be inside of 14 months before they "hire" again.. assuming they keep their current schedule. At some point of course, there will be eventual section 6 and the hopeful improvement in work rules that I still think is going to come back to the mainline carriers, even if it takes 5-7 more years.

Eitherway... good news.

Last edited:
I just got word from my pal on this too! Great news from AMR finally!

I'm wondering how many they'll have to recall to get their 10.. 25, 30? God knows maybe 1/2 of them are out of aviation and the other 1/2 are at SWA or Fedex, etc..

Would be great to get some accurate retirement info as if we can assume 500/yr and figure a 3:1 recall ratio... it could be inside of 14 months before they "hire" again.. assuming they keep their current schedule. At some point of course, there will be eventual section 6 and the hopeful improvement in work rules that I still think is going to come back to the mainline carriers, even if it takes 5-7 more years.

Eitherway... good news.

And then comes the reshuffle of the seniority list when the TWA suits are refiled...

stlflyguy

Put me down as a BY-Frickin'-PASS! :D TC

I belive it was 44

The memo stated "for those retiring or leaving the company." I don't have a clue how things are at AA. Do you have guys flat out quitting?

No jab, just curious.

Gup[

The APA website has a list of the retirements and resignations. I believe there were 44 resignations that were not considered early retirements. The was an age sixty retirement column and another coulmn of early retirements, then a resignation column of about 44.

That's 3 years AFTER the last furloughee has been offered the chance to come back. If you don't want to come back for 10 years, I don't think that'll be a problem. TC

Latest resources

Back