• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A proposal to end the regional/major fighting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What you are talking about is a bilateral flow up flow down with all branded flying. You might see this attempted here at DAL once the blood letting ends at DCI. It is a great concept in theory. What it basically does is keep the B scale off of the mainlines hands and away from its negotiation capital. Not necessarily good from a unity stand point, but it may be what is ultimately achievable.

With nearly 12,000 pilots on property, and being the worlds largest airline, what you refer to isn't bilateral flow up/flow down. It's going to be flow down- period. Anybody at a regional level that agrees to this is an idiot. All you have to do is look over at American to get a good whif of what's been cooking over there. How has that bilateral flow up/down worked for them?

Would I like to see ALL jet flying done by the majors- absolutely. Am I willing to deal with a double standard, and subject myself to unemployment for the 1 in 4 shot at getting hired at Delta (if they hire again in the next two decades), no............personally, I'd rather tell Delta to cram it, and go to another mainline carrier, or just get out of the biz. For me, it's clear- the airplanes change property or seats open up for mainline pilots, it ought to be a fair, and objective approach. Qualified regional pilots ought to follow suit with an equal opportunity to obtain the jobs opened up with their bloodshed. I don't think this is too much to ask, or demand, for that matter.

Brown to the Bone-you truly are full of ####.

What? The CRJ was developed and went into service before the Saab 2000. The CRJ flew two years before the Saab.

Moderators please kill this thread...

Holy Jebus! Hysterical much?

When the Saab 2000 actually started operating in service is irrelavant. The conventional wisdom at the time was that Comair may well be a launch customer for it in the US.

OK, here's one for ya - Comair management and Bombardier conspired on the 50 seat CRJ to get in under the scope limit.

Go nuts.

No, he takes your former first class, highest paying pax and flies them where they need to be when they need to be there. He flies them in comfort at FL470 in a clean, truly first class cabin. They are never going back to support tools like you who provide them with no service. He has a pension and healthcare benefits. He has a support staff that actually supports the operation. Carpie, we have found your calling. You make the fractionals the most appealing form of air travel. Thank you for driving them to us!

Thos passengers are dumping corporate aircraft and cutting those expensive turd haulers faster than cutting a first class ticket. Pension, oh yea, a crappy one. I don't need a pension, would have been nice but I have multiple streams of income from other sources that are paying me plenty. Support staff, those little lawn dart operations have tiny support centers. Come by and check out the OCC sometime. See what a real international operation and support staff looks like.!

Comair is on it's last leg, sorry fellas.

I don't need a pension, would have been nice but I have multiple streams of income from other sources that are paying me plenty....

I'm afraid to ask.

I'm afraid to ask.

Don't be. Oil and gas investments. Was great at $140 a barrel, but still good at $50! Royalty checks every month. Nothing is as sweet as money you dont have to work for! Also wife has a great job making plenty of money and hers is recesion proof!

Thos passengers are dumping corporate aircraft and cutting those expensive turd haulers faster than cutting a first class ticket. Pension, oh yea, a crappy one. I don't need a pension, would have been nice but I have multiple streams of income from other sources that are paying me plenty. Support staff, those little lawn dart operations have tiny support centers. Come by and check out the OCC sometime. See what a real international operation and support staff looks like.!

Comair is on it's last leg, sorry fellas.

If all you say is true, why does every passenger that gets off your plane say that they will never do "that" again? I have seen your operation at work and I think, yeah, that's about what any Saab operator would put out there. I have sat on the ramp, in your Boeing Tube, in the summer in TNCM with no APU for over an hour. Very professional. You go there on Saturdays. From ATL. Only. Now that is a real international operation.

Your product is good enough for people that put there once in 5 year trips on the MC, but the folks I fly wouldn't be caught dead on your cattle car. However, I wish you well. Your company has found its niche and I am happy to say that it isn't the same as ours.

Taken from another message board.

"New rule: once you join a regional, you stay at a regional. Majors should only hire military pilots, corporate pilots and heavy jet pilots from the non-sched/ACMI world. Why...because those pilots got their experience from activities that didn't undermine the very job they hoped to attain."

This is such a dumb posting, regardless of the original author that I have a hard time understanding why anyone even wants to comment on it.

Better idea is to just get rid of the whole regional airline bs and everybody from widebody to turboprop are all on the same list at each airline. But of course mainline guys will balk at that, just like they balked at flying the rj's 15 years ago, and how they balk that rj pilots are flying their routes, all they do is balk instead of doing what it takes to fix the problem. They look down upon the rj guys when I am sure 90% of the rj guys don't want anything to do with the regionals but are forced to spend their careers there because mainline guys balked at the prospect of actually having to fly an rj as a junior pilot.

Don't be. Oil and gas investments. Was great at $140 a barrel, but still good at $50! Royalty checks every month. Nothing is as sweet as money you dont have to work for! Also wife has a great job making plenty of money and hers is recesion proof!
All that free money and the best you can do is waste time on FI on the REGIONAL board and allow your wife to prostitute herself like that? what a F'n loser.....damn!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back