Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mesaba nice hotels: DFW..MSL..DEN...I even got the embassy suites in DTW

Mesaba pathetic: STL..HLN..DSM

Agreed. If we had better hotel language, it wouldn't be such a struggle to get the hotel in HLN changed. Half of our life is spent sleeping away from home. I agree with alot of what you usually say Murf, but this is one subject that I feel is much more important than we give it credit for. BTW, I see CMR/Xjet/ASA at alot of our same hotels. I don't think we are the only ones slumming it at times.

Pinnacle only has one good hotel and that is TVC, the rest are middle of the road Hampton's or crappy Quality Inn's.

really? Hotels? We're talking about hotels?
You guys make it sound like you're in these places for 2-3 weeks at a time on vacation with your families, and you need more local attractions to go see.
personally, I would rather take a dump hotel (because there really is no difference, they're all filthy sexed out sex chambers) for a higher paycheck.

How about your DH pay? Why is it OK for you to not get 100%? And this is a 5 year contract?! That is nuts.

How about your DH pay? Why is it OK for you to not get 100%? And this is a 5 year contract?! That is nuts.
Why is it OK for you to not have a 4 hour min day? We've had that since '04. And on a daily basis, not a look back or average. That is nuts.

Murf, I agree with you on many things and though I respect and understand your views I definitely do not share them on this contract.

We had an opportunity to use the considerable leverage of Pinnacle's expensive health care package to entice a decent contract out of the negotiations. We missed the mark by a very, very long shot. Speed was the priority here, not quality, as evidenced by all the back-patting about 102 days in the emails and the road show(s).

1. Someone mentioned earlier about "be careful talking about accrual of sick time since it leads to the best short-term disability blah-blah". Know what? We all need to put down the union kool-aid for a moment. To compare anything we have with the majors is ridiculous, especially only when convenient.

The reason the majors don't have the same short-term disability is simply because they don't need it. They have a sick policy that actually accrues a reasonable amount of hours per month. 36 hours per year?!? That is a steaming pile.

2. Extensions and Junior manning. I love how the MEC is patting themselves on the back about the 200% pay like they won some sort of victory (though 100% DH pay is out of the question). As though paying us 200% will somehow be prohibitively expensive and stop the extensions/junior manning. You must be kidding. They are guilty, as are many pilots, of looking at numbers as they appply to their own life/world and not that of a company. Paying us 200%, 400% and so on is still cheaper than hiring more pilots. Mostly, this is because we make peanuts.

For those kids who still live in their parent's basement the 200% pay is great. Bully for them and the new PS3 games they get to buy. For those with a family, an overnight extension can mean child care issues and major expenses. I, and many others, came to the airlines for an actual "schedule". If I wanted random changes to my flying I would've stayed in corporate.

We are giving management permission to continue to run an airline understaffed. This is cheaper for them.

Finally, congratulations on how fast the negotiations took place. It shows.

Vote NO.

We've flown and talked many times Raskal, and I respect your position. I see pros and cons to this TA, and am not totally sold that is "superior" or "industry leading."

Good or Bad, I am in a much different position than yourself, mainly because of seniority. Although it seems selfish, we all have to vote based on how it affects us personally, then live with the majorities decision. However this gets voted, I am ok with the outcome.

I've tried to stay away from selling or defending this TA one way or the other since it was finalized. My posts lately have been against the ASA types that inject whether the deal is good or not, and that their contract is better or not. It really does not involve them. Vote your heart and have a clean conscience, I will NOT be one to have a "Don't blame me..." sticker, no matter how the vote goes.

really? Hotels? We're talking about hotels?
You guys make it sound like you're in these places for 2-3 weeks at a time on vacation with your families, and you need more local attractions to go see.
personally, I would rather take a dump hotel (because there really is no difference, they're all filthy sexed out sex chambers) for a higher paycheck.

I agree we should take LESS health care, most don't really use it, How about LESS DH pay..you should just put avoid DH in your PBS bid so thats your own fault, How about we totally dump our training language, talk about something we harldy use (twice a year for captains and one a year for FO's). I TOTALLY agree with you, everthing should be about pay/hr. I'm sure the 2nd year SWA pilots making $95/hr all get crappy hotels, crappy health care, and crappy training...

...Vote your heart and have a clean conscience, I will NOT be one to have a "Don't blame me..." sticker, no matter how the vote goes.

On this note I certainly agree, No "don't blame me" either. Whatever happens, the majority decides and we move on. The important thing is that we are unified with the next step.

Latest resources

Back