• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

9E/XJ/9L contract is out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Many areas are better but it’s NOT “industry leading” like the union wants us to believe.

For 9e the vacation is worse. The commuter policy was very bad and it didn’t get any better. If you’re bought for OE welcome to reserve and for commuters that means hotel rooms not being covered. Check-in is one hour prior whereas it was 45 min before. Insurance is worse for 9e. Now a $900 family deductible and the family premium doubled up to $300. The displacement language is worse and the company is currently displacing 150 pilots out of their bases.

I’m still reading into this but from the looks of it I will be voting no again. QOL is worse and I don’t want to be displaced with out the ability to commute.

The displacement and commuting language are a priority for me also for the simple reason that there is a ton of possibility for both down the road. I understand about the insurance, even though I don't use ours (thankfully the wife has access to much more "normal people" insurance) and looking at it feel sorry for anyone who does, even post-contract.

I will be attending a road show, but so far just don't see it.

This man does not speak for me!
Time to raise your standards, bucko.
So what your saying, is you advocate using negotiation capital to stay in high dollar hotels. In other words, you would trade $ on the hour, to stay in the Four Points, or trade min day to stay in the InterContinental. I don't advocate this at all. All I want is a clean, quiet, and safe room. Food in walking distance, and a free breakfast a plus. I do not need to stay at a Westin to make me feel like the job is bearable. I may have a big ego, but it's not that big. I'll take the LaQuinta please.

Can I ask why, and also how do you feel this would benifit anybody if this TA were to get voted down?
Probably because the Union has boasted how great, powerful and resourceful they are and he's holding them accountable.
I agree, send it back and come back with something better. That's what your dues pay for, them to go fetch you the BEST possible contract. Not some "ok in some areas, worse in others" type of contract.
Maybe if people didn't settle at the first pile of heaping steam thrown at them, the regional industry would be better off.

79 you always have to worry about Jerry giving all your planes to his golden child and non union skyw.
Doesn't Delta control where those airplanes go? Isn't ASA Wholly Owned? Sorry if I'm wrong.
Or do we have protection in our current contract against that?
All regionals have "Protection" on their airplanes. Just ask the Comair guys, Delta showed them how much that protection clause really helped.
At the road show it was stated clearly that the company could no longer make blanket demands for Drs notes. The company must look at individual situations to determine whether the note is warranted.
Spoke with a fed about a year ago, of course he was on the jumpseat. The FAA is really cracking down on companies telling pilots they need doctors notes. They see it as the company forcing the pilot to fly sick...not his words exactly, but just the point he made.
I've heard some management types are now telling pilots who call in sick that they need FMLA paperwork filled out. It's not really a doctors note, plus they can document it a little better....in light of the Colgan BUF accident.
I am also concerned about the extension language but it seems VERY costly for the company to do it. The Pinnacle Pilots I spoke to thought it was a huge improvement.
So what if it's costly, have you ever seen airline management make a call based on "sense"? .[/QUOTE]

I'll take a Days Inn/Ramada any day of the week over this place.
http://www.pasty.com/arcadian/
And yes, I have done a long overnight there.
Dude, one of the "things to do" is Rock Hunting...what are you complaining about? :D

Many areas are better but it’s NOT “industry leading” like the union wants us to believe.
I love when ALPA uses "industry leading" to make themselves better.
Industry Leading compared to what? Mesa?

Still doesn't matter. It's gonna pass either way. Just like Ron Paul....doesn't matter how many votes....it's either gonna be an R or D.

Honestly, I wasn't being flippant or anything disrespectful. If you feel strongly gather like minded people and start a 'no' campaign. Whether we agree or not I respect your decision.

Been married too long to get too bent up about disagreement. Heck, state your case and I may join you.

So what your saying, is you advocate using negotiation capital to stay in high dollar hotels. In other words, you would trade $ on the hour, to stay in the Four Points, or trade min day to stay in the InterContinental. I don't advocate this at all. All I want is a clean, quiet, and safe room. Food in walking distance, and a free breakfast a plus. I do not need to stay at a Westin to make me feel like the job is bearable. I may have a big ego, but it's not that big. I'll take the LaQuinta please.

You'll fit right in with the 9E lifers and ghetto FA's with that mentality. Let me guess, you're on of those people who pack a cooler big enough to go on a month long African safari and still steal fruit and bagels from the breakfast buffet to eat all day long? Why is it that other pilots at successful regionals, much less any other traveling professional can afford to stay at a normal hotel but we can't?

You'll fit right in with the 9E lifers and ghetto FA's with that mentality. Let me guess, you're on of those people who pack a cooler big enough to go on a month long African safari and still steal fruit and bagels from the breakfast buffet to eat all day long? Why is it that other pilots at successful regionals, much less any other traveling professional can afford to stay at a normal hotel but we can't?
Actually, I don't bring a cooler, I budget about $20 a day for food, I also buy the crew coffee or cookies sometime during the trip, and buy the first round at the bar. I guess I'm not as uppity about myself as you. It doesn't take staying at the Ritz to my me feel successful in my career.

Actually, I don't bring a cooler, I budget about $20 a day for food, I also buy the crew coffee or cookies sometime during the trip, and buy the first round at the bar. I guess I'm not as uppity about myself as you. It doesn't take staying at the Ritz to my me feel successful in my career.
I'm gonna need your phone number. So when the next time I'm in a sh*thole, looking at static on the television because the cable only works for 3 channels, I can call you?

Because I'm gunna need some reassurance about feeling successful in my career...

Enjoy that extra dollar an hour when you're sitting in your LaQuinta with nothing around it for 19 hours.

Latest resources

Back