• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

9E/XJ/9L contract is out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm gonna need your phone number. So when the next time I'm in a sh*thole, looking at static on the television because the cable only works for 3 channels, I can call you?

Because I'm gunna need some reassurance about feeling successful in my career...

Enjoy that extra dollar an hour when you're sitting in your LaQuinta with nothing around it for 19 hours.
Stayed in a Crowne Plaza last night. $16 breakfast buffet, $4.50 draft, with no discounts at either. Van won't take you anywhere, and there is nothing in walking distance. Even the wifi cost (supposedly waived under our contract). I need the extra $1.00 an hour to afford a cup of soup.

Sounds like vac slide does not have to cover un-cover entire trip
It happens BEFORE pref bid awards the line so there are no trips to cover. It basicallay lets you start or end a vacation period (normally sun-sat) two days early or late. Pref bid shows that time as unavailable but can butt a trip up against your vacation and cost you another day (or two) if you commute.

Stayed in a Crowne Plaza last night. $16 breakfast buffet, $4.50 draft, with no discounts at either. Van won't take you anywhere, and there is nothing in walking distance. Even the wifi cost (supposedly waived under our contract). I need the extra $1.00 an hour to afford a cup of soup.

What the heck city was that? The ONLY city that I have been to on the 900 that says they won't waive wifi is DCA (and even that is hit and miss for enforcement) and the van will take you back to catch the metro which gets you about 5 times as far as you should be going on an overnight.

Now YUL, yea that place SUCKED!!! but we haven't stayed there in quite a while besides that place was normally highspeeds so who cares about internet/breakfast.

So what your saying, is you advocate using negotiation capital to stay in high dollar hotels. In other words, you would trade $ on the hour, to stay in the Four Points, or trade min day to stay in the InterContinental. I don't advocate this at all. All I want is a clean, quiet, and safe room. Food in walking distance, and a free breakfast a plus. I do not need to stay at a Westin to make me feel like the job is bearable. I may have a big ego, but it's not that big. I'll take the LaQuinta please.

Considering I spend half my nights/month in hotels, I prefer to stay in as nice as possible...and personally I would have given up a $1/hr to stay in the westins....Also consider this, the company wants us to treat our customers well, dress well,...we should expect thwe same from them by putting us up someplace other than the Pear in STL or the Jorganson in HLN...

Just my 2 cents...

My favorite hotel ever at XJ, was the LaQuinta in TRI. They bent over backwards to take care of us. Rooms were clean, van would take you anywhere, they would toss you the keys to lock up the pool at night, and breakfast rocked, it was a great hotel.

The whole point of this hotel diversion, was to tell an ASA guy that I don't care if their hotel section was better than our TA. I guess we all have different expectations, and mine evidently is lower than some others. If you feel that strongly that this section is weak, than vote no. Or let your reps know, so they can focus more on that in the future. For me, I can live with the current language.

Theadjack over, I'm out.

My favorite hotel ever at XJ, was the LaQuinta in TRI. They bent over backwards to take care of us. Rooms were clean, van would take you anywhere, they would toss you the keys to lock up the pool at night, and breakfast rocked, it was a great hotel.

The whole point of this hotel diversion, was to tell an ASA guy that I don't care if their hotel section was better than our TA. I guess we all have different expectations, and mine evidently is lower than some others. If you feel that strongly that this section is weak, than vote no. Or let your reps know, so they can focus more on that in the future. For me, I can live with the current language.

Theadjack over, I'm out.

Remember how we almost lost that hotel during the shamruptcy because Mesaba wouldn't pay them? Ahhhh, the good old days. I remember telling the driver at Hattiesburg to leave us at the hotel if he wanted because he wasn't getting paid either. That guy was great.

I'll take a Days Inn/Ramada any day of the week over this place.
http://www.pasty.com/arcadian/
And yes, I have done a long overnight there.

Ok I'll play devils advocated here. Having spent more nights (highspeeder) than a person should, it didn't bother me one bit. It was walking distance to the airport, though we got a warm cab ride. The rooms were surgical room quality clean everytime. Free donuts and coffee and the morning. A pleasant chat with the owner before he headed out to drive the local school bus/us fly out. I'd much rather support a hard working local mom&pop hotel then a corporate blackhole. Besides it's in Houghton Michigan, last I checked Sheraton and W hotels don't have an establishment up there. :)

PS W Hotel on Lakeshore drive, Chicago is the bomb. LOL it'll blow up your checking account!

I like the compromise of a hampton or holiday inn express...

Coffee is out, free breakfast, free internet, rooms are clean, the gym is in good working order, and a 24 hour shuttle. I have stayed in plenty of amazing hotels (not work related) and I still get bothered spending $5 for a bottle of water and $20 for 24 hours of internet. It's nice to have a hotel bar, but frankly I would prefer to just take the shuttle or walk to a nearby restaurant and get a real meal on a long overnight.

The Howard Johnson, days inn, sleep inn types need to be removed. Anything that has "Rooms Available" PAINTED on the side of the van is the first sign that things aren't as they should be.

Favorite hotel- Hampton Inn TYS.

It happens BEFORE pref bid awards the line so there are no trips to cover. It basicallay lets you start or end a vacation period (normally sun-sat) two days early or late. Pref bid shows that time as unavailable but can butt a trip up against your vacation and cost you another day (or two) if you commute.

Thanks. I think it's 3 days though right? Instead of starting Sunday you can slide it forward to start Wednesday or back to start thursday.

On a 15 hour overnight you should receive about $22 in per diem, which will cover that expense. I rather pay $12 for a real breakfast buffet at a real restaurant that has actual food, rather than 2 week old carbo-loading free breakfasts at crappy motels.

Hampton Inns are usually fine because they are very strict about maintaining a certain service level mandated by Hilton. Still, if you compare to Skywest/ASA/Xjet/Comair, they often stay at Embassy Suites and Doubletree, which are also Hilton brands and ALSO have free REAL breakfast, happy hour, restaurant/bar, and wifi.

Latest resources

Back