• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

747 Splits in Two on T/O

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Honest question here, what is the difference between a rejected takeoff and a aborted takeoff?
In Europe they will use the term "Stop". To answer the question, nothing, I have used both, but not in this aircraft I have only used "reject".

In Europe they will use the term "Stop". To answer the question, nothing, I have used both, but not in this aircraft I have only used "reject".

It is simply Boeing speak and the respective QRH for each individual Boeing aircraft, Boeing uses the term "Reject" exclusively. Believe it or not, Boeing spends considerable time in deciding which terminolgy works best across the spectrum of operators on a world wide multi language basis. If your paticular airline wants to use "Abort" simply ask Boeing for a NTO, (non-technical objection), and they may or may not grant it based upon any number of factors.

Sorry for the thread creep, but is Connie having any classes/interviews in the near future?

Got a friend over at K4 and mentioned one maybe two more for the year. They have a class with 20+ ex ATA guy's right now and 10,000+ hours gets you a consideration (just what I have been told).

I was told that ICAO wants to standardize using "reject."

At that operator, and in that airplane, one does not abort, one rejects the takeoff, and a first officer does not reject the takeoff. The Captain does that.

True statement, but it is rumor, I heard it too.

After V1, no one is guarding the Thrust levers, it is possible he reached over and pulled them to idle, only what I heard, I have no idea, I wasn't there....

crazy

I was told that ICAO wants to standardize using "reject."

They also want everyone to be "English Proficient." Unfortunately, because I went to public schools I had to quit flying international because of this. :rolleyes:

They also want everyone to be "English Proficient." Unfortunately, because I went to public schools I had to quit flying international because of this. :rolleyes:

Well, that will give all the grammer and spelling experts here something to do ;) ...maybe they can start with the guys at the 7-11 and at the front desk at almost any hotel in the US!

True statement, but it is rumor, I heard it too.

After V1, no one is guarding the Thrust levers, it is possible he reached over and pulled them to idle, only what I heard, I have no idea, I wasn't there....

crazy

Hey K4 guys stay off the "gossip board" and don't feed these guys with crazy ideas. Have respect for your fellow crewmembers and let the Investigative Process do its job. It could very well have been one of you!

Avbug,

Everyone is entitled to an opinion or speculation when contributing to the board. Negative, positive, far-fetched or not, each comment provides more insight and generates/stimulates a thought process which may or may not be a means to an end. All of what you state may be construed as conjecture as well.

You can't go around condemning everyone for having an opinion or paradigm which differs from yours.

Please let a message board be a message board. No one is under oath and common sense and consensus or the "invisible hand" (if you will) will regulate things. The truth eventually comes out, but what leads up to this is a valuable learning process via elimination and debate.

Other than that, you provide more edification than most around here and kudos for that. It is always much appreciated and keeps some of these fools in check. :)

ARF.

Latest resources

Back