• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

747 Splits in Two on T/O

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
hey lighten up there dutchy old boy, no one is threatening to take away your God given right to speculate, my post is strictly my opinion, Cheers !

Nothing personal intended about my rant. Just get tired of all the self proclaimed experts on censorship.

Cheers mate!

I haven't seen any post here starting with: "They should have", This would be Monday morning QB.

But this is a FORUM after all. And thats what you do on a Forum, you discuss things, and just because you do not like what someone else's post says doesn't make them flamebait or unprofessional or stupid or anything. Read the forum rules.

The "UNPROFESSIONAL" one really is weak and my personal favorite. According to some people, if you post something negative about a company or someone you are suddenly UNPROFESSIONAL??? What on gods green earth has my opinion on the internet with my identity hidden have to do with my JOB??

Totally off subject but had to vent that one. Back to 747 and CK...

Agreed. Although we all may be "speculating" about what happened, I have yet to see something where somebody is calling the crew stupid, or they should have done this or that, or whatever.

Seems as if we're all just talking about the various things where a heavy 4 engine aircraft might have to abort/reject at a high speed. As well as what might happen if that abort/reject results in an overrun.

If the preliminary reports are correct, someone just destroyed a good AC that had one engine compressor stalling and could have and should have made an uneventful TO.

More ridiculous assumption.

You don't know what's correct, and what's not. Moreover, even if the information is correct, there's nothing thus far that indicates the decision was right or wrong, or if there was any decision to make; we don't know the if or the why, only the end result. That the crew destroyed anything is at best a model example of unfounded guesswork. Moreover, that the crew had a good airplane with which to work is also wild speculation.

The preliminary report issued by the NTSB listed the wrong runway, and the FAA's initial statement got the wrong city and the wrong airport. With such a track record on this mishap, you base your speculative efforts up exactly which bed of rock?

Wow, that article sounds suspiciously word for word identical to the one cited in post #128 in this same thread...a week ago.

Latest resources

Back