• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

747 Splits in Two on T/O

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

What a stupid thing to say, more like look into the stupidity of the BRU airport authorities....politics before safety

No!. I have no reasons to look at BRU Airport politics. That’s their business and if the captain after running the numbers has accepted the runway he carries the responsibility.
EuroWeennie complain is more of a local’s feelings. He lives right there and has different reasons to complain about. For us BRU is just an airport like any other airports, where hundreds of aircrafts take off and land every day. I don’t remember to hear about airplanes crashing very often over there for us to have reasons to blame the airport.

Dude. You have no idea what your talking about so STFU.

I am very glad the crew is ok. I know the captain and he is one of the most 'by the book' people we have. We will just have to wait for the facts.

I can have my own opinion if you don’t mind. I didn’t curse you and I didn’t offend the crew, I claimed and I still claim someone should take a better look at Connie’s way of doing business.

You win the award for A$$hole of the year!

Now STFU Loser

Thank you. Again some strange language. How do you know I am a loser? Just because I don’t agree with you? Because you earn your bread from Connie doesn’t make him right.

Once again you show your incredible ignorance, You know nothing about the company now, you know nothing of what truly happened and you postulate moronic speculation. The biggest idiots in aviation are always the ones that want to "Monday Morning Quarterback" aviation incidents and accidents. Save your pretend sympathy for someone else!!

Again when people have no arguments there is tendency of offending and using abusing language. However I don’t need to know about a company NOW. It might be good now. BTW if it is that good why you guys need an Union? Anyway I know Connie’s past, and my life and aviation experience tells me what’s coming out of cat mice will eat. Maybe he is compromising now due to the union and in need of pilots to take care of his business but when his business will slow down you will see a different Connie. The real one.
Also can you explain us how you guys lost an engine on take off from ORD?

MODERATORS, W T F O????????
This POS deserves direct discipline from you and these posts should have never made it to the board. Shame on all of you.

Again with the language. I got it. Many Kalitta employees here and their spirits are running high.

And to finish I still believe the accident look like a structural failure. What causes that? Age and luck of good and reliable maintenance. Maybe loading? Remember the engine lost in take off ? Also I heard stories about your B727s (K2- still Connie) where the rust is the only factor keeping the plane's parts together. NTSB’s conclusion might be different but I am entitle to speculate and have an opinion.
So on Connie’s spirit and way of doing business probably some clear duct tape will do the job.

Also I heard stories about your B727s (K2- still Connie) where the rust is the only factor keeping the plane's parts together.

Apparently any insight you think you might have is both outdated and wildly inaccurate regarding both the condition of those aircraft, and the ownership. Clearly you don't really know what you think you know.

I claimed and I still claim someone should take a better look at Connie’s way of doing business.

So you claimed. What way is that, exactly?

With no facts in evidence presently, you are very quick to jump on the bandwagon and suggest that this event might be the owner's fault or the cause of his practices, whatever they may be. Based on your own comments, however, you don't appear to have much of an idea about who is doing what business, or how they're doing it. You merely believe you do.

Anyway I know Connie’s past, and my life and aviation experience tells me what’s coming out of cat mice will eat.

I've seen a lot of mice myself, including unbelievable infestations. I've even seen mice eat one another, but I don't believe I've ever seen a mouse eat cat feces. You post to rally against language you perceive as uncouth, yet now you suggest that employees of the company you attack are the mice, feeding on feces...is that your analogy? Seems you could use some reserve, yourself.

The engine wasn't "lost on takeoff," but torn free from the aircraft due to an internal wheel failure and imbalance during the climb. The information is available on the web, you can look it up yourself. In fact, full documentation is available in some detail regarding the history of the engine and exactly what occured, including photographs of the parts.

You are bringing that up to tie it to this mishap in brussels exactly WHY?

And to finish I still believe the accident look like a structural failure. What causes that? Age and luck of good and reliable maintenance. Maybe loading? Remember the engine lost in take off ?

That would be wild speculation without a leg to stand on now, wouldn't it? (It would, and is). Hardly professional. Speculation, as you know, is guesswork. Hardly the hallmark of a thinking professional. Patience is a virtue, mate. Give it a try.

Anyway I know Connie’s past, and my life and aviation experience tells me what’s coming out of cat mice will eat. Maybe he is compromising now due to the union and in need of pilots to take care of his business but when his business will slow down you will see a different Connie. The real one.

Wow, you sure HEAR a lot of things but was never ever there but claim to have the t-shirt.

I'm not even going to get into it with you because I don't think its worth my time and I also believe that self declared public ignorancy is a special gift.

Here's the ORD incident:

First of all, we did not lose an engine after take-off, unless you think going through FL190 is part of the take-off phase.

The cracked s-ring was a certified AND installed by Pratt-Whitney. Yes, it was a BAD part and Connie got a brand new motor out of PW. The guys did an excellent job bringing it all back safely. May be you'd like to see the letter of apology from Pratt?

So, it was not Connie's business practice as you say that caused the accident.

If we don't feel that the aircraft is not safe for flight none of us would have taken it. And neither would you, I hope.

Just because we don't wear double breasted suits or hats or the fact that we work for Connnie doesn't mean we are not professionals or have suicidal tendiencies. By posting your ill-informed comments you have done a disservice to all of us.

I am sorry for trying to differentiate between the employer and the employees. It looks like you are one happy family. You guys can have Connie. Too much love in the air for me to be in your way. My appologies.
Going back to the BRU accident I don’t know how it looks to you but to me that antique 747 looks strange, split in three and no engine trust reversers deployed

Count Bat you are adding nothing to this thread but total BS, so be a good bat and fly back to your cave and hang upside down.

The reason the aircraft broke apart is the steep slope where the aircraft finally came to rest. It has nothing to do with the age of the aircraft. Any aircraft would break apart going down an incline like that.

We don't have any further information, for all we know they injested a flock of geese that took out two engines and the only thing to do was to keep it on the ground.

All of the Monday morning arm chair pilots don't have a cure what happened. No body does, maybe not even the crew.

This thread should be lock and I don't care with the moderator with the big mouth says.

That's my opinion.......................

CWI

This thread should be lock and I don't care with the moderator with the big mouth says.

That's my opinion.......................

CWI

More Mod Input:
Thanks for sharing your thoughts/opinions. That is why we have the message board. Flight Info has defined Terms Of Service, and at this point no "rules" have been broken. If they are appropriate action will be taken. People are more than welcome to "speculate" even if they are way off the mark, and you are more than welcome to point out to them that you think they are wrong or right. We seem to go through this after every incident or accident on here. We learn things by discussion, which is exactly what is going on here. Some people obviously have more to learn than others as we have a diverse group of backgrounds and experience levels on Flight Info. With that said, let's please try to stay on topic here.

Last edited:

Ok. So lets say you are close to GW on a 747. After V1 you hit a flock of geese that takes out two engines on one side. Your still 15 kts from Vr. You are not going to make it. You would have to reject and hope for the best. This is just an example. Just because you are past V1, does not mean you can fly.

Ok. So lets say you are close to GW on a 747. After V1 you hit a flock of geese that takes out two engines on one side. Your still 15 kts from Vr. You are not going to make it. You would have to reject and hope for the best. This is just an example. Just because you are past V1, does not mean you can fly.
Yes, and no. What other damage have the birds done to the wing ie the LED's and TE Flaps? Yes you have gone passed V1 but it doesn't mean the aircraft can fly. Tough choice, lessons to be learned and information culled through when it is released by the NTSB.

For all we know, it was structual failure simply because of the 747's age.

I agree with you and waiting to see what the results will be after the investigation, but suggesting structural failure that causes an airplane to come to a stop in two pieces miraculously close to each other off the end of the runway... And because of it's age? Get a grip.

Latest resources

Back