• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

65 a cutoff?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Full blood chemistry work-ups at least once a year, neuro-cognitive testing at least every 5 years and range of motion evaluations at every physical would be a good place to start. That is if they really are concerned about safety.
Yea, good idea, but even better lets go with the NAMI physical starting at age 40, add taking the ACT every year and scoring a minimum of 29 (mental ability), BP of 110/70, and 20 push ups, 50 sit ups and run a 9 minute mile. With all of the drops out, I might find a really good job.

Yip are you sure you can read & understand English?
of course I can, I have endorsement on my ATP certificate

NAMI for everyone from day one. There would be a 20% reduction in the pilot supply starting initial flight training. Height Weight standards ... PFT twice a year. Fail and you are out.

That's the way to create a pilot shortage... You know I like supply-side economics. Knock'em out of the box before they even get started. Why concentrate on kicking people out the back side a couple years early?

He meant 2 miles
No I meant one mile in nine minutes, I wanted to be sure I qualified. I wanted to throw 20/20 uncorrected in there also, but that would have been too much. But now that I think about it, this is about safety, and just think if someone lost their glasses, how unsafe that could be.

I am sweating my medical coming up next week, I might have to get glasses to pass.

No I meant one mile in nine minutes, I wanted to be sure I qualified. I wanted to throw 20/20 uncorrected in there also, but that would have been too much. But now that I think about it, this is about safety, and just think if someone lost their glasses, how unsafe that could be.

I am sweating my medical coming up next week, I might have to get glasses to pass.

Not to worry. Wearing glasses is not the end of the world. :p

Not to worry. Wearing glasses is not the end of the world. :p
It would be if you were trying to pass a NAMI physical.

But if everyone had to ... there would be a lot fewer people competing for flying jobs and the rest of us would be making more money and retiring sooner!

Never mind glasses ... Try being one pound overweight. Its an all day physical ... not 20 minutes and out with a medical certificate.

Last edited:
Such a medical really isn't necessary for what we do. I'm not for a hard age limit. I do ask that the other guy doesn't nod off randomly, doesn't miss the bulk of the radio calls, and is physically capable of helping with the bags. If he can't manage those things (and some can't), then it's time to hang it up.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back