65 a cutoff?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I did reread, still don't get it.

I am all for improved medical standards, vice picking an age. Because are many out there flying who would not pass that medical.

But when someone cries age and safety, it is really all about get out of my seat, pure greed.

Yip are you sure you can read & understand English?

CA1900,

That's pretty funny!!

I was gonna reply to this thread, but saw your link and figured 'why bother?'. Too much short-sightedness from quite a few on here.

Oh well.

Ah! a little name calling; it so FI. Now back to our regular programing, I did reread, still don't get it. Again sorry about your medical problem, but how I am supposed to know anything about that in your post?

I am all for improved medical standards, vice picking an age. Because are many out there flying who would not pass that medical.

But when someone cries age and safety, it is really all about get out of my seat, pure greed.

I think the medical standards are adequate. What would you like to see tightened up?

I think the medical standards are adequate. What would you like to see tightened up?

Two words-Dr. Adrian. At least he no longer holds an AME ticket. Unfortunately, he's not alone. How often do you see folks on any aviation blog asking about AMEs in this city or that? They're not looking for "thorough" doctors.

Back to the age thing. In my 50+ years of life, I have never seen anyone face this sort of discrimination in any other field. Why not limit every field to 10 years practice? Then folks will get out of each other's way so we can all have a turn at "our seat". Sheesh.

Full blood chemistry work-ups at least once a year, neuro-cognitive testing at least every 5 years and range of motion evaluations at every physical would be a good place to start. That is if they really are concerned about safety.

Two words-Dr. Adrian. At least he no longer holds an AME ticket. Unfortunately, he's not alone. How often do you see folks on any aviation blog asking about AMEs in this city or that? They're not looking for "thorough" doctors.

Back to the age thing. In my 50+ years of life, I have never seen anyone face this sort of discrimination in any other field. Why not limit every field to 10 years practice? Then folks will get out of each other's way so we can all have a turn at "our seat". Sheesh.

According to the young'uns, it's got NOTHING to do with selfishness and their sense of entitlement----it's all about "safety." :rolleyes:

You want to see some real vitriol, check out the "Canadian Pilot Age" thread that's been floating around for a couple of months. Now, that'll make you nauseous.:puke:

We ought to eliminate Smokers and Drinkers too. You know you have to pay higher life insurance rates. Maybe a 5 mile run as part of the medical on a tread mill.
Heck, everyone left would be a GV CA.:D

Gotta love these original new topics. Let the old farts fly till they die for christ sake!! Why should we persecute the current blue hairs for having 3 ex wives, $700,000 mortagage's at 52 years old and generally having no frick'n clue how to manage a dollar.

We all know that flying an approach with a current medical and eating crew meals is all it takes to be a great frac pilot.......Next

Good Post! I love it!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back