• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

65 a cutoff?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you can hold a medical you should be able to fly, however the medical's should not be the joke that they are.

HELL YEAH I think 65 should be a cut off age like the majors.

As for "passing the medical". these guys would never pass a medical exam in Europe, Asia or even most of Latin America...

Last edited:
I still have 30+ years til 65... But I don't think there should a restriction other than passing a medical/checkride....

It seems many of the ones who are of the "kick them old timers out of my seat" mindset are saying that for career progression rather than flying abilities...

I'm not the one who is capable of deciding ones career ending... There is no end all be all way of doing that. I've flown with guys sharp as a tack and running miles upon miles and doing huge amounts of push-ups at every lay-over.... Literally coming close to kicking my butt in endurance.

If the FAA says so, fine. My career will improve etc.. But I know when I'm approaching that age, if things haven't worked out financially I may still have to work also.. everyone's situation/career progression is different..

Gotta love these original new topics. Let the old farts fly till they die for christ sake!! Why should we persecute the current blue hairs for having 3 ex wives, $700,000 mortagage's at 52 years old and generally having no frick'n clue how to manage a dollar.

We all know that flying an approach with a current medical and eating crew meals is all it takes to be a great frac pilot.......Next

av8, that's a good and funny post. Bent, I do respect your post on this one. I think they should go at 65. If you have the 3 ex wives and 700K mortgage at that age, that's your own fault. I don't feel sorry for an idiot thats living above his means. Proper planning is key, and if they can't manage their own lives, then how in the world can they handle a 20 million jet with souls on board when the ******************** hits the fan?

They should do recurrent by flying single pilot for 7 days. If they do well let em fly one more year if not.....fire em or burry them! I've yet to have a geezer save my ass but Christ I have had to save my own because of them far to many times.....now I'm getting up there now and better get the hell out when I begin to make the other guy work his ass of to keep him out of trouble....if I'm to arrogant to pull my weight then shoot me please!!!! Geezers gotta go!!!

Latest resources

Back