• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

65 a cutoff?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi Semore, good to see you are still kicking.

Yeah I'm good thanks! Headed out tomorrow to strap on a 680.
It is a lousey thread for sure. You just can't keep the youngins from screwing themselves.
You can bet the generation after them will be even worse!
Oh well, you reap what you sew!

Hope you're wll man! Semore

This is all about get out of my seat, but can not say that, it is too greedy, So we protest age in the name of safety, because who can be against safety? It is like motherhood and patriotism.

Gee, it all sounds so sinister...I wonder how the airlines are getting away with it.

pure get out of my seat

You suck at reading comprehension. I'm 52 and have been a Captain at NetJets for quite a while. I'm going to medical out sometime in the next year due to an old injury that requires further surgery. With that in mind, go back and reread what I posted.

I think the rules should be the same across the board. Without a truly comprehensive physical to determine ability, some type of age limit appears to be the next best solution. I would prefer tighter physical standards and no age limit. Barring that, the same age limit should apply across the board to all types of commercial flying.

Yeah I'm good thanks! Headed out tomorrow to strap on a 680.
It is a lousey thread for sure. You just can't keep the youngins from screwing themselves.
You can bet the generation after them will be even worse!
Oh well, you reap what you sew!

Hope you're wll man! Semore

Hey! Not all of us youngsters are bad! :beer: <---that's Stag Beer in those mugs

Barring that, the same age limit should apply across the board to all types of commer

Damn Griz! I can't believe you would support that? Not everybody is gonna be able to get on the "Harvey Watt" program like you.
Some healthy guys may need that extra year or 2?

I know you would rather be on the line then grounded, I feel for you.
I'm against any rules that take away personal options.

For the record? I hope the hell I don't have to work pass 65.

Take care, Semore

As I said - and I'll say it again...I'm for a level playing field. No matter what direction you choose in aviation.

I also said that I'm in favor of tougher physical standards that will weed out folks that should be done - and to drop the age restriction altogether.

But - if the FAA in its infinite wisdom can't come up with an adequate physical standard and decides that age related criteria is the best way to go, it should be the same for everyone.

I'm also for universal rest and duty rules that make good scientific sense and save lives. But then again, I'm more concerned about safety than the FAA is.

Lastly - I'm betting that if you look back on my posts here a few years, my position on the equal playing field hasn't changed. Harvey Watt is a nice safety net that we have but it hasn't changed how I feel about the issue.

Last edited:
You suck at reading comprehension. I'm 52 and have been a Captain at NetJets for quite a while. I'm going to medical out sometime in the next year due to an old injury that requires further surgery. With that in mind, go back and reread what I posted.

I think the rules should be the same across the board. Without a truly comprehensive physical to determine ability, some type of age limit appears to be the next best solution. I would prefer tighter physical standards and no age limit. Barring that, the same age limit should apply across the board to all types of commercial flying.
Ah! a little name calling; it so FI. Now back to our regular programing, I did reread, still don't get it. Again sorry about your medical problem, but how I am supposed to know anything about that in your post?

I am all for improved medical standards, vice picking an age. Because are many out there flying who would not pass that medical.

But when someone cries age and safety, it is really all about get out of my seat, pure greed.

Latest resources

Back