• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

500 upgrades at Republic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
...what a joke. you idiots are sooooo excited about upgrading with those piss poor wages you agreed to..
pilot groups like yours are the reason regional pilots make so little... and you are all soooo excited.... lol

...what a joke. you idiots are sooooo excited about upgrading with those piss poor wages you agreed to..
pilot groups like yours are the reason regional pilots make so little... and you are all soooo excited.... lol

Hey wise guy. The real reason why the pay is so bad at the regionals is because we have no other choice. I just have one question for you. Would you rather be at ASA,PSA,Eagle, or AWI waiting 4-7 years to make in the upper $50 bucks an hour, or have come to RAH within the last year and make $70+ after 3 years employment?

BTW..RAH 70 seat pay is better then ASA and COM. Show me where RAH has piss poor wages? D.O.U.C.H.E.

What are they suppose to do? Refuse employment and find another career so you feel more special?

Last edited:
The schedules are good for a regional as far as time off goes. That's the best thing RAH offers.

Not lately.......75-79 hours with 12 days off sucks rocks....

Yesterday may day was FWA CVG sit for 2:20
CVG TRI sit for 4:29
TRI CVG and done.....
Can you say rigs?

2. Full Cancelation Pay
2. We got that also

We only get cancellation pay when a certain amount of flights are completed for the month.......

Not the same as getting it regardless of the company's performance.....

4. Top of the line??? PBS sucks period

No arguments here.....

Wait....CHQ MAINLINE? Is that what you guys call the 170 operation?

This started with a bunch very young and very ignorant new hire FAs at RW last summer. Actually the term they used was Republic Mainline. First time I heard it I was in the back galley of a 170 and the nice perky pretty blonde came up and asked me how I liked working for Republic Mainline. I smiled and asked her what she was talking about. She said she decided not to go to CHQ because only the inferior new hires were going there, and she wanted to get to RW so she would be more senior than anybody transferring from CHQ. I started laughing so hard I had to sit down, and once I could talk I explained the realities of airline life, and that she was working for a regional, not a mainline. You should have seen the look on her face when she whipped out her brand new contract book (still had the shrink wrapping on the pages) and I showed her where it said the CHQ people would be given their seniority if they transferred to Republic. Then I had to endure a 4 day trip with a newbie arguing with me over every little thing.....

Dealing with idiots like this was why I happily transferred back to CHQ.....muuuch nicer working by myself........

This all coming from a guy that works for a regional and drives an e120/cl65, probally at Mesa. Obviously he knows more than everyone else and had no hand in driving down wages by working for a low paid regional himself. Brilliant dude. BTW You're the idiot.

BTW..RAH 70 seat pay is better then ASA and COM. Show me where RAH has piss poor wages? D.O.U.C.H.E.

Their F.O. payscale.

Also, a lack of scheduling work rules (trip regs, duty regs, etc.) that add up to more credit paid at the end of the month. These have a higher impact on overall compensation than straight pay rates.

Wait....CHQ MAINLINE? Is that what you guys call the 170 operation?
Back when the 170 was on the CHQ cert we used to tease that the 170 was "CHQ Mainline." But that joke has been dead for 2 years or more...

Sorry pal - you're dillusional. RAH isn't ever going to have a new contract...the magic 8 ball said so

Your statement is about as closed minded as statements get. I guess I should not expect anything less from this board.

Patients is a virtue and the future holds what the future holds. RAH's current contract is pretty good in most areas. Yes RAH's contract has Grey areas, yes the contract needs improvement, and yes loopholes need to be closed.

Tweaking takes time and patients. Negotiations are painstakingly draining, stressfully and sometimes doubtfull. Those looking for the hear and now are short changing themselves. You obviously do not have the, "Big Picture", in mind.

If you work at RAH have some patients,

Latest resources

Back