• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

500 upgrades at Republic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And RP170, weren't you just about to upgrade before you left? I thought you took the NJA job for quality of life....Upgrade there is gonna be 5+ years not the 2 years here.

Yes you are correct, that is one of the reasons I left, but not the only reason. I knew some things were in the works at NetJets as far as their pay and basing goes.

5+ years at NJA in the right seat making nearly 80K (69K BASE salary) on first year pay is still more than a captain on 3 year pay at RAH will make. A 5th year FO at NJA will earn well over 90K if on the reserve schedule (which is in no way like airline reserve). That's pretty good FO pay to fly a 16,500 lb aircraft I'd have to say. Not to mention, a management group and union that works well together and 100 domiciles to chose from. I could go on and on.

NJA is a career move. RAH is not in my opinion. Personally, it's the best move for me. It offers the stability that flying part 121 lacks. I know many guys just have to fly the "heavy iron" someday but to me it's not that important in the overall scheme of things.

I'm not saying RAH is a bad company by any means. The pilot group is made up of mostly great guys/gals and as I have said before, I wish all of you success.

Last edited:
How many 500 hour wonders are they going to have to pass up since they don't meet the total time requirement?

Yes you are correct, that is one of the reasons I left, but not the only reason. I knew some things were in the works at NetJets as far as their pay and basing goes.

5+ years at NJA in the right seat making nearly 80K (69K BASE salary) on first year pay is still more than a captain on 3 year pay at RAH will make. A 5th year FO at NJA will earn well over 90K if on the reserve schedule (which is in no way like airline reserve). That's pretty good FO pay to fly a 16,500 lb aircraft I'd have to say. Not to mention, a management group and union that works well together and 100 domiciles to chose from. I could go on and on.

NJA is a career move. RAH is not in my opinion. Personally, it's the best move for me. It offers the stability that flying part 121 lacks. I know many guys just have to fly the "heavy iron" someday but to me it's not that important in the overall scheme of things.

I'm not saying RAH is a bad company by any means. The pilot group is made up of mostly great guys/gals and as I have said before, I wish all of you success.

69K base salary IF the TA passes along with 100 extra bases. I don't know if it will pass or if it won't but the fract. lifestyle isn't for me. Did it once and got burned. Reserve schedule over at NJA is only 8 hard days off, thats worse than CHQ's 11. Granted pay is much better but to each his own. The 7 on 7 off thing is just to long of a time to go without seeing my kids.

Enjoy throwin bags!!!! Just kidding

RAH will get this fixed for our next contract along with many other great ideas that are being put forward. Our volunteers are great people and will fight for an industry leading contract making life better for all of us. Including the other companies so the bar can start going UP!

Sorry pal - you're dillusional. RAH isn't ever going to have a new contract...the magic 8 ball said so

Netjets is a career company, RAH is not. Doesnt everyone know that?

Latest resources

Back