500 upgrades at Republic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WHY????

If you want the 135/140/145 to pay the same thats fine...but pilots on the 170 & 175 need to earn more because of the increased seats, size and responsibility. To settle for someone flying 37 seats making same as someone flying 86 seats is asinine...especially when CA pay is type-dependent.

60% of CA pay or bust!

Yeah! Thats why I called it a problem! :) I think that there should be teared FO pay too. The problem is many people don't. Some think that since new hires don't choose which aircraft they are assigned to, it wouldn't be fair to have different pay.

If you ask me, its more important to have higher FO for larger aircraft in the future, then to be "fair" to new hires. Whats really not "fair" is the possibility of flying 99 seats at $24 dollars an hour!!! :(

Your statement is about as closed minded as statements get. I guess I should not expect anything less from this board.

Patients is a virtue and the future holds what the future holds. RAH's current contract is pretty good in most areas. Yes RAH's contract has Grey areas, yes the contract needs improvement, and yes loopholes need to be closed.

Tweaking takes time and patients. Negotiations are painstakingly draining, stressfully and sometimes doubtfull. Those looking for the hear and now are short changing themselves. You obviously do not have the, "Big Picture", in mind.

If you work at RAH have some patients,

Hey buddy, I think he was being sarcastic with his post. Take it easy! And by the way, did you work as an ear doctor in your last job with all the "hear"s and the "patients" Please, please ,please, in your next post lurn how to spell

The biggest problem with our current contract is the language which = loopholes

RAH will get this fixed for our next contract along with many other great ideas that are being put forward. Our volunteers are great people and will fight for an industry leading contract making life better for all of us.

I heard the exact same arguments during the last contract negotiations. Language will always be an issue since the company will always be armed with better lawyers than the Union and will make their own interpretations. It's not just at RAH; every airline faces the same issues. There is no holy grail of a contract; you negotiate the best you can and deal with it. I heard the arguments about "fight for language" and believed them until I was faced with the reality that words in the end don't put the pay in your pocket. IMO, the best bet would be to gain a higher hourly and per diem rate along with defined company contributions than trying to have some wording changed that won't be honored in the end. I thought after the current contract was signed that QOL would improve, but it didn't. Everything that was given up for wording wasn't worth it. In hindsight, I would rather have had more on the paycheck, because I was still putting up with the same company tactics. There were some drastic changes that on the surface seemed great, but they were twisted to keep status quo. The Union has the best intentions, but with so many "new" pilots I hear about from my former co-workers, I don't see too much support be garnered for a tough stand. I hope for the best, but I see within a year of the next contract, the same arguments for change will be back in the limelight.

Last edited:
Where are most Republic newhires being based?
Also, what is upgrade time for a new hire coming from another regional with about 2000 hours SIC time in and EMB?

Where are most Republic newhires being based?
Also, what is upgrade time for a new hire coming from another regional with about 2000 hours SIC time in and EMB?

Feb2006 new hires are in upgrade training for the 145 and CRJ and the 170 will be close to it soon also. Upgrade time is subject to change and your current total time and time in type wont help you upgrade any faster. New hire FOs are being spread across the system as there is alot of movement right now.

Latest resources

Back