• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

500 upgrades at Republic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Upgrade mins are 2500 total, btw...Someone hired with 500/100 today will take at least two years...something to consider

I heard the exact same arguments during the last contract negotiations. Language will always be an issue since the company will always be armed with better lawyers than the Union and will make their own interpretations. It's not just at RAH; every airline faces the same issues. There is no holy grail of a contract; you negotiate the best you can and deal with it. I heard the arguments about "fight for language" and believed them until I was faced with the reality that words in the end don't put the pay in your pocket. IMO, the best bet would be to gain a higher hourly and per diem rate along with defined company contributions than trying to have some wording changed that won't be honored in the end. I thought after the current contract was signed that QOL would improve, but it didn't. Everything that was given up for wording wasn't worth it. In hindsight, I would rather have had more on the paycheck, because I was still putting up with the same company tactics. There were some drastic changes that on the surface seemed great, but they were twisted to keep status quo. The Union has the best intentions, but with so many "new" pilots I hear about from my former co-workers, I don't see too much support be garnered for a tough stand. I hope for the best, but I see within a year of the next contract, the same arguments for change will be back in the limelight.

Thank you for your reply. Besides hourly wages, which BB has publicy said we are paid below average for 70 seats, I would also want trip/duty rigs, cancelation pay and other things as well for this new contract. We'll see. Stay united

Thank you for your reply. Besides hourly wages, which BB has publicy said we are paid below average for 70 seats, I would also want trip/duty rigs, cancelation pay and other things as well for this new contract. We'll see. Stay united
Having followed these issues for eight years now, there is no doubt in my mind that the regional unions will take an absolute ass-busting with each and every contract. When it comes down to it, there just aren't enough pilots looking to stay for a career at a regional to have enough clout to actually achieve a decent contract. In our current environment, they'll just rationalize "I'll be out of here within two years so what do I care"!

Just an opinion, but unless FO's are starting at 38k or higher and get a decent match on a 401k, it's a loser deal. That's barely a livable wage in the northeast or west coast by the way. I'm sure some people would say that's only livable with a roommate in cheap housing.

Mr. I.

Hey buddy, I think he was being sarcastic with his post. Take it easy! And by the way, did you work as an ear doctor in your last job with all the "hear"s and the "patients" Please, please ,please, in your next post lurn how to spell[/quote
What are you the new English/spelling teacher on the board now?? I made my point and that's all I care about. So I pushed a couple of wrong keys, big deal! Your perceptions and my perceptions are obviously different. If I had a dollar for every time someone incorrectly spelled a word or two, I would be retired by now. ( Here, Here, Patience, Patience)

Yes it is true. Republic is not a career company. There are much better places to work once you get the experience you need from Republic. I pray that there is a better contract soon. The work rules are pretty poor at this place.

The work rules are pretty poor at this place.

What work rules?

Why have "patients" (heehee) for something that's not going to happen i.e. new contract. A new contract would require collective bargaining. If you think that the "union" (yup, those are quotation marks) and management can agree on anything of substance, you're not delusional - you're on crack.

Your statement is about as closed minded as statements get. I guess I should not expect anything less from this board.

Patients is a virtue and the future holds what the future holds. RAH's current contract is pretty good in most areas. Yes RAH's contract has Grey areas, yes the contract needs improvement, and yes loopholes need to be closed.

Tweaking takes time and patients. Negotiations are painstakingly draining, stressfully and sometimes doubtfull. Those looking for the hear and now are short changing themselves. You obviously do not have the, "Big Picture", in mind.

If you work at RAH have some patients,

Can someone please tell me what the hell people in a hospital have to do with patience in contract negotiations.

How do some people complete an application like this?

EDIT: This is getting to be more and more of a pet-peeve of mine. Everyone wants to call themselves "professionals" and get paid like "professionals", yet as a group we can't seem to spell or form a sentence any better than an average 7th grader. No wonder we are where we are.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back