• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

50 seat Jets. Uncertain future?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My point is that they can't just downsize without consequence, and that often can cost more than making the original decision.

Very true, but that doesn't mean either that it can't be done or that they have to grow.

Believe me when I say that I hope Capt O'Malley makes scope the hill to die on, but I'm just not real reassured by the past. And rank-and-file hardly ever decides anything important. At any airline.

Very true, but that doesn't mean either that it can't be done or that they have to grow.

Believe me when I say that I hope Capt O'Malley makes scope the hill to die on, but I'm just not real reassured by the past. And rank-and-file hardly ever decides anything important. At any airline.

A couple months ago O'Malley went to a scheduled MEC meeting with members in Peachtree City, expecting the normal 40-50 pilots to show up. About 150-200 did, and they almost yelled him out of the building. I was told it was surprising the members didn't bring pitchforks. Many have very strong opinions, and scope is big at the top, along with pay.

Godspeed!

OYS

A couple months ago O'Malley went to a scheduled MEC meeting with members in Peachtree City, expecting the normal 40-50 pilots to show up. About 150-200 did, and they almost yelled him out of the building. I was told it was surprising the members didn't bring pitchforks. Many have very strong opinions, and scope is big at the top, along with pay.

Godspeed!

OYS

So, does that mean he is known (or at least thought of) as weak on scope?

That's what she has said a couple times, but it sure doesn't seem to be true. If it is, who cares? I honestly don't. I'm probably way senior to her.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Right...... It is obvious you have no idea what you are talking about. You must be paid by the post as you have in excess of 15,000. This loser and his alter egos is probably a scumbag lawyer working for a scumbag union busting outfit. Ignore this irrellevent doosh. HS

Do you really think company-friendly Lee Moak will get anything done to protect Scope at Delta? Or OMalley? Has the Delta pilot group ever struck? Didn't they take a 32.5% paycut before bankruptcy?

I really worry about all those mainline commuters who will no longer have a ride to work in their usual regional airline jumpseat! Guess they will all have to pack up and move back to the big cities where they are domiciled. Geez, they will be even grumpier than they are already.

Do you really think company-friendly Lee Moak will get anything done to protect Scope at Delta? Or OMalley? Has the Delta pilot group ever struck? Didn't they take a 32.5% paycut before bankruptcy?

If they really wanted to tackle this issue they would fight to raise their year 1-5 payscale to match what a fairly senior regional Captain makes. Then they could take advantage of the pilot shortage and lure all those regional pilots who currently can't afford to take the pay cut and start over at mainline. The regional airlines would shrink and whither away.

That's what she has said a couple times, but it sure doesn't seem to be true. If it is, who cares? I honestly don't. I'm probably way senior to her.

Bye Bye--General Lee

That was a fabulous comeback, General. But unlike you, I don't feel like I need to prove anything.

Here's how I know you're a nobody. You're on FI teasing RJ pilots instead of holdin union positions where you could actually be a decision maker.

Enjoy your boring life and keep entertaining yourself here with you're 15000 posts dork boy. I'll be hanging with the decision makers. <3

That was a fabulous comeback, General. But unlike you, I don't feel like I need to prove anything.

Here's how I know you're a nobody. You're on FI teasing RJ pilots instead of holdin union positions where you could actually be a decision maker.

Enjoy your boring life and keep entertaining yourself here with you're 15000 posts dork boy. I'll be hanging with the decision makers. <3

This lady is wicked crazy! Will you be running for an LEC position? You don't have my vote.

Godspeed!

OYS

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back