50 seat Jets. Uncertain future?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee,
When your pilot group took a big paycut and furloughed a bunch did you see anyone else in the industry gloating about it?

Also, do you have any concept of why regional pilots stole a large quantity of your routes in the first place?

Are you kidding me? When DL went BK EVERYONE gloated. People who were turned down took swipes at us, and plenty of RJ pilots did too. It happens all of the time. I also stated I hope that future retirements take up the slack for RJs leaving the fleets.

Do I know why regional pilots stole a large quantity of the routes? You bet I do. It was Fred Greed, a DL honcho at the time who loved FREQUENCY. He really thought businessmen wanted it. Too bad they didn't want it in a small tube. This was mainly done after 9-11, just before and during the BK. Hard to say no to a judge who would give it to them anyway. Today high gas is taking care of most of the 50 seaters. Passengers don't like them, mainline management thinks they are inefficient, and the only people who like them now are lifers at Regionals. Are you one of them?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Unlike you, I'm not stupid enough to waste $10 for an alter-ego.

Hi idiot. If you look at OYS's post numbers, it says over 4100. That means he started it YEARS ago, probably before they charged anything. No wonder Sudan Air turned you down.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Are you kidding me? When DL went BK EVERYONE gloated. People who were turned down took swipes at us, and plenty of RJ pilots did too. It happens all of the time. I also stated I hope that future retirements take up the slack for RJs leaving the fleets.

Do I know why regional pilots stole a large quantity of the routes? You bet I do. It was Fred Greed, a DL honcho at the time who loved FREQUENCY. He really thought businessmen wanted it. Too bad they didn't want it in a small tube. This was mainly done after 9-11, just before and during the BK. Hard to say no to a judge who would give it to them anyway. Today high gas is taking care of most of the 50 seaters. Passengers don't like them, mainline management thinks they are inefficient, and the only people who like them now are lifers at Regionals. Are you one of them?

Bye Bye---General Lee

How did it make you feel when people laughed at you and your pilot group because of the actions of a Judge, Delta head honcho, and an industry under the effect of 9/11?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Question: what is the mainline pilot group willing to give up in order to hold the line on scope (like they should)? I don't imagine Anderson & Co will let go of scope relaxation for free.

Hi idiot. If you look at OYS's post numbers, it says over 4100. That means he started it YEARS ago, probably before they charged anything. No wonder Sudan Air turned you down.

Bye Bye---General Lee

You mean if you look at YOUR alter ego number. And you don't know a thing about Sudan Air, let alone point Sudan on a map. Scheduling is calling you from Airtran to go from ATL to BMI for an overnight.

We will hold the line at 76, but we're not taking anything back.

I doubt it.

I think once the retirements start, mgmt is going to delay replacement hiring as a tactic to keep your list moving. You'll all be working a lot, moving up the list. Hiring will underpace attrition until you're all convinced the list movement will never stop and are dreaming about getting off reserve, upgrading, whatever. Then, mgmt will offer you a HUGE raise for <100 seat relief.

At that point, you'd be dumb not to agree...and God forbid your wives ever find out you voted no to a ~85-100% pay raise during an era of unprecedented list movement...you'll NEVER hear the end of that one.

1000's could retire but if nobody is hired, the bottom guys are still the bottom guys and still on reserve. How would they be thrilled with that?

I doubt it.

I think once the retirements start, mgmt is going to delay replacement hiring as a tactic to keep your list moving. You'll all be working a lot, moving up the list. Hiring will underpace attrition until you're all convinced the list movement will never stop and are dreaming about getting off reserve, upgrading, whatever. Then, mgmt will offer you a HUGE raise for <100 seat relief.

At that point, you'd be dumb not to agree...and God forbid your wives ever find out you voted no to a ~85-100% pay raise during an era of unprecedented list movement...you'll NEVER hear the end of that one.

This is exactly what I'm afraid of.

You mean if you look at YOUR alter ego number. And you don't know a thing about Sudan Air, let alone point Sudan on a map. Scheduling is calling you from Airtran to go from ATL to BMI for an overnight.

Riiiight. Those cold nights at the Super 8 in Hibbing are starting to freeze your brain. No wonder you were turned down at Air Zimbabwe.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back