Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

24th last day to put in for voluntary leave on the west side....#'s??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wonder if there is a chance you guys could come East after a recall, CaptZ. That would be a sweet surprise for you all.

I'm not interested in living on the east coast anymore so I'll pass.....

When does it look like the "first wave" of furloughs are expected to begin? Will they furlough all the off the street new hires (all east I think) before the west guys?

When does it look like the "first wave" of furloughs are expected to begin? Will they furlough all the off the street new hires (all east I think) before the west guys?

They are treating both groups separately. Starting in Sept. Letting groups of 10 go every month until 125 are gone on the East and 175 from out West.

They are treating both groups separately. Starting in Sept. Letting groups of 10 go every month until 125 are gone on the East and 175 from out West.

I thought it was more random and sporadic than that. Some months would have no furloughs, while others had more than 10, in order to make it through the holidays (regardless of how the furloughs affect the holidays of those being furloughed :()

I thought it was more random and sporadic than that. Some months would have no furloughs, while others had more than 10, in order to make it through the holidays (regardless of how the furloughs affect the holidays of those being furloughed :()
Hope you are right and I am wrong, just a few extra months into the new year would be a big help for me....

The way it looks, new hires on the East side will be working whilst 5 years AWA guys and gals will be on the streets. This is funny........

I guess the East/West pooh flinging contest has now officially begun. I have to give everyone credit for at least making it through a full page of posts with out the b1tch bites at one another. I really didn't think that was possible........
:beer:

"Almost bored and on reserve, it don't take too much to impress me!"

Since you guys never merged the seniority lists OFFICIALLY, and the West side is pretty much closing the LAS base, it seems logical, even though it is unfortunate. What do you do when one side closes one of it's larger bases?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Since you guys never merged the seniority lists OFFICIALLY, and the West side is pretty much closing the LAS base, it seems logical, even though it is unfortunate. What do you do when one side closes one of it's larger bases?

Bye Bye--General Lee

LAS hasn't officially closed but I assume the LAS guys will be pushed into the PHX base. Upper mismanagement seems pretty set about keeping the two sides completely separate until things are settled. (and that could be forever based on some of the attitudes on both sides).

Was surprised when the bid came out that there were no reductions in LAS, in fact there are eight A320 FO vacancies.

ALL of the reductions are in PHX and we are still projecting the same number of lines in LAS thru AUG of 09

So much for the long rumored closing of the LAS base.....

Latest resources

Back