Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

24th last day to put in for voluntary leave on the west side....#'s??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Captzaahlie

My kind of FOD!
Today, the 24th was the last day to put in for voluntary furlough leave on the West side.
Anybody hear any numbers yet? Any concrete news regarding actual #'s on the East yet? Do you think we can get through one page before the Hatfield & Mcoy dialog starts? I better answer that myself and say no... you monkeys feel free to start flinging poop at will. :laugh:

FWIW:

Scheduling Committee Update
July 25, 2008

West Displacement Bid 2008-01

The West Displacement Bid 2008-01 was posted today. This bid includes the furlough of 175 active pilots. There were also 138 Captain downgrades and 45 First Officer displacements. The furloughs and displacements will be reduced commensurate with any approved extended leaves. At last count there were 13 approved extended leaves. Included with the bid is the MOCK Displacement Bid Award 07/23/08. The bid is posted on the Scheduling Committee Library for your convenience. Thank you. Steve Smyser, Chairman
Scheduling Committee

I heard 31 leaves here on the east side.

Thanks Charlie,

I was hoping for larger numbers to cover some of my friends on the east side. It's amazing airways is going to have to retrain a bunch of dudes to cover the 190 flying. I jump seated with the number 2 190 Fo in CLT the other day and he's slated to be let go in the first wave. I guess he has an extra 3 months now.....
Unfortunately it might make him crazy because he had a non flying job lined up that he can't postpone. Sounded like management was going to work with him but ya never know.....

FWIW:

Scheduling Committee Update
July 25, 2008

West Displacement Bid 2008-01

The West Displacement Bid 2008-01 was posted today. This bid includes the furlough of 175 active pilots. There were also 138 Captain downgrades and 45 First Officer displacements. The furloughs and displacements will be reduced commensurate with any approved extended leaves. At last count there were 13 approved extended leaves. Included with the bid is the MOCK Displacement Bid Award 07/23/08. The bid is posted on the Scheduling Committee Library for your convenience. Thank you. Steve Smyser, Chairman
Scheduling Committee

Only 13?
That sucks, guess I'll be home for Halloween. Sorry kids no candy here, this house is like Usairways..... No snacks or treats for you!
:(
Thanks for the news TWA DUDE, maybe that count was pre 24th and some held out until the last minute.... I won't hold my breath.

Last edited:
double post....
(a slow server I guess)

Last edited:
Thanks Charlie,

I was hoping for larger numbers to cover some of my friends on the east side. It's amazing airways is going to have to retrain a bunch of dudes to cover the 190 flying. I jump seated with the number 2 190 Fo in CLT the other day and he's slated to be let go in the first wave. I guess he has an extra 3 months now.....
Unfortunately it might make him crazy because he had a non flying job lined up that he can't postpone. Sounded like management was going to work with him but ya never know.....

My guess it costs about 40k to train a pilot at airways from start to finishing OE. To get rid of this many pilots that you just trained only to retrain a bunch to fill the seats is like burning about 7 mill. This really sucks.

My guess it costs about 40k to train a pilot at airways from start to finishing OE. To get rid of this many pilots that you just trained only to retrain a bunch to fill the seats is like burning about 7 mill. This really sucks.

How difficult is Barista training at Starbucks? (Oh sh1t more flows to learn!) I hear they treat employees well, except for those stores they are closing.....

I wonder if there is a chance you guys could come East after a recall, CaptZ. That would be a sweet surprise for you all.

I wonder if there is a chance you guys could come East after a recall, CaptZ. That would be a sweet surprise for you all.

If that means the Easties think that the Westies are going to be pushed around by a bunch of DOH spouting D-bags, I think the surprise is going to go the other way.

...or does that mean you're sweet for the West? Ick..not how I roll. Sorry.

Latest resources

Back