• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

2013 L-CAL System Bid Out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes I was a one list supporter from day one. It gives power to the pilots that is why MGT. wants to break off as much flying as possible. The fact that SWA does not feed widebody's has little to do with their scope. They only want SWA employees handling their customers.

SWA pilots fought hard and via mediation stopped their mgmt from having West Jet carry their pax

With the growing arrogance and sense of entitlement shown by ilk like yourself in the industry, it was a given where the “career” of an airline pilot was headed. I’m damned proud of what I accomplished and I have no problem calling people out with stupid comments that have no basis in fact with the law. I also have an allegiance to my former L CAL brothers and sisters and after reading some of the bile on here I will speak my mind.

But your ignorance shows through (again) as I was qualifying my answer to your fellow United tool. As usual, either through being dense or just plain stupid, people like you want to disregard the facts and attack those with a knowledge base.

You slammed me? Comical. Under my skin? Even more comical. Alas the typical brain surgeon mentality shows through yet again by being so predictable in your thinking of how people view (or are concerned with) your own comments and attitude.

I am supposed to try basic math is that right? Do you have the breakdown and voting figures of pilots from either LCAL or LUAL that voted? That’s right you don’t since ALPA does not release the actual numbers. Your perceived fear and delusional conspiracies have already turned into a weak justification to vote in a substandard contract.

The SLI award will be a long overdue and necessary attitude adjustment for some L UAL pilots. If only from the fact that your warped sense of entitlement will be forever stamped with an award just about where you are now on a relative basis.

Where were you in May of 2010? So enjoy that gear handle with your left hand and the bitterness it will bring for many years to come.

Its clear to all how "proud" you are of yourself ..go ahead and keep stating so while calling me arrogant. It make you sound brilliant and another example of wasted money / education.

Clue: there isn't enough pilots at sUAL to make up 67% of the total pilot group...sorry cant dumb down the math anymore for you.

Am not bitter or surprised the lCAL pilots are good with being on the mgmt side of a hugely successful whipsaw. Unlike you, I am not asking for various forms of SLI manipulation so I can go ahead of someone I shouldn't. You say tool...I say special qual Ouche Bag! If it makes you feel good to bash some on the bottom of the list, good on you!

Hopefully you are a qt because you sure are a dummy!

Last edited:
not a hard concept. Just like cp's many alpa leaders don't like to fly the line esp when the association pays them 90+ hours. Throw in weekends off and that's quite a deal esp when your junior on your equipment. Who knows maybe a position in herndon or willis tower awaits the truly skilled! Your side is as polluted with them as ours. Let the games begin.

you could volunteer the door is open

As an 06 Hire who was within 20 numbers of 737 captain in EWR there are just over 900 total FO's senior to me system wide. Most of those have bypassed captain because of various reasons, including quality of life international flying a desire to remain senior and quite a few I have missed. Either way the word junior always comes up for our 05 and 06 hires but there is less then 400 FO's that were hired before 2005 which means the only metric that the FO's from the 05 06 hire time would be considered junior is by a date of hire. From a relative seniority point or the type of flying and equipment being flown by this group junior is not really a valid term.

Every side will attempt to make it look like they should have the upper hand and that is their job, we can scream all we want about our opinions but they dont really matter. I was a 2001 hire at Northwest but instead of waiting to be recalled I went and found a job with what turned out to be a good progression and when I received an offer to go to NWA I chose to stay here instead. That's how this career works you make choices you hope your right and you find out how it works out after because hind sight is always 20/20. If this list turns out to be similar to recent lists with a relative position adjusted for various factors the forward progression will be slowed for every one on this side, with a little luck the age wont change again which is the only reason every one hired in 05 and 06 are not already captains.

I am sure this rambled a bit but knowledge of the current position instead of just some hire date comes as a great suprise to many L-UAL active and furloughed pilots because most weren't paying attention to what was going on at L-CAL before the merger rumors and eventual merger. Senior and Junior are only defined by which metric you choose to measure them by.

As an 06 Hire who was within 20 numbers of 737 captain in EWR there are just over 900 total FO's senior to me system wide. Most of those have bypassed captain because of various reasons, including quality of life international flying a desire to remain senior and quite a few I have missed. Either way the word junior always comes up for our 05 and 06 hires but there is less then 400 FO's that were hired before 2005 which means the only metric that the FO's from the 05 06 hire time would be considered junior is by a date of hire. From a relative seniority point or the type of flying and equipment being flown by this group junior is not really a valid term.

Every side will attempt to make it look like they should have the upper hand and that is their job, we can scream all we want about our opinions but they dont really matter. I was a 2001 hire at Northwest but instead of waiting to be recalled I went and found a job with what turned out to be a good progression and when I received an offer to go to NWA I chose to stay here instead. That's how this career works you make choices you hope your right and you find out how it works out after because hind sight is always 20/20. If this list turns out to be similar to recent lists with a relative position adjusted for various factors the forward progression will be slowed for every one on this side, with a little luck the age wont change again which is the only reason every one hired in 05 and 06 are not already captains.

I am sure this rambled a bit but knowledge of the current position instead of just some hire date comes as a great suprise to many L-UAL active and furloughed pilots because most weren't paying attention to what was going on at L-CAL before the merger rumors and eventual merger. Senior and Junior are only defined by which metric you choose to measure them by.

Well said.

A good buddy of mine tried to convince me to apply at Delta. At the time, i had approxiamtely 900 pilots below me. Advancement and progression at Continental was just too good to throw away, I politely declined my friends's assistance and stuck it out at Continental.

I don't want to pay the price for those that gambled on United.

Its clear to all how "proud" you are of yourself ..go ahead and keep stating so while calling me arrogant. It make you sound brilliant and another example of wasted money / education.

Clue: there isn't enough pilots at sUAL to make up 67% of the total pilot group...sorry cant dumb down the math anymore for you.

Am not bitter or surprised the lCAL pilots are good with being on the mgmt side of a hugely successful whipsaw. Unlike you, I am not asking for various forms of SLI manipulation so I can go ahead of someone I shouldn't. You say tool...I say special qual Ouche Bag! If it makes you feel good to bash some on the bottom of the list, good on you!

Hopefully you are a qt because you sure are a dummy!

My you are a dense one but alas and again you have missed the point. Wasted money on an education? Do you want to compare income tax statements? How about quality of life? Been there done that pal, no comparison.

I never implied that LUAL was solely responsible for the contract so take your 67% and sooth yourself that you now belong to that elite spineless club. I did insinuate the fire and brimstone loud mouths at L UAL, like yourself, capitulated and folded like a cheap suit. It is funny listening now to the justifications spewing forth from yes voters on here. In essence your life and career Chris is just one big justification after another correct?

“I say special qual Ouche Bag!” I have no idea what you are ranting about here as in context to an SLI. Whipsaw? Laughable and once again your delusions and paranoia leech through. Good thing you voted yes to stop that “whipsaw”. How many new Captain positions were on the last L CAL bid? Remember those airplanes were slated for delivery already before the merger. Poor thing, I know the truth really dents that hollow sense of self worth and bloated entitlement you have.

Dummy, nah…credentials speak for itself. I could tell you I graduated in the top 3% of my class at GU but I don’t want to make any possible reference to your manhood length.

Last edited:

Perfectly written and my belief as well the award will be very close in what you stated in relative position between the two lists.

My you are a dense one but alas and again you have missed the point. Wasted money on an education? Do you want to compare income tax statements? How about quality of life? Been there done that pal, no comparison.

I never implied that LUAL was solely responsible for the contract so take your 67% and sooth yourself that you now belong to that elite spineless club. I did insinuate the fire and brimstone loud mouths at L UAL, like yourself, capitulated and folded like a cheap suit. It is funny listening now to the justifications spewing forth from yes voters on here. In essence your life and career Chris is just one big justification after another correct?

“I say special qual Ouche Bag!” I have no idea what you are ranting about here as in context to an SLI. Whipsaw? Laughable and once again your delusions and paranoia leech through. Good thing you voted yes to stop that “whipsaw”. How many new Captain positions were on the last L CAL bid? Remember those airplanes were slated for delivery already before the merger. Poor thing, I know the truth really dents that hollow sense of self worth and bloated entitlement you have.

Dummy, nah…credentials speak for itself. I could tell you I graduated in the top 3% of my class at GU but I don’t want to make any possible reference to your manhood length.

We clearly have different priorities. You never would have chose my path and sure as heck would not choose your or Jeff's path. Many CEOs with fancy degrees and opinions of themselves isn't really working out so well for our companies and country. I would see the value in comparing W-2s if being a rich ahole was also my goal. Please look elsewhere to find someone who is impressed with your credentials as we translate them way differently when you present them in your ******************************ouche bag fashion. I would rather drag my manhood across the ramp than have anything to do with a ******************************ouche bag like you! Who says "alas" anymore...I rest my case and will leave you for someone else to have their way with you.
Beat it!

Last edited:
Yes I was a one list supporter from day one. It gives power to the pilots that is why MGT. wants to break off as much flying as possible. The fact that SWA does not feed widebody's has little to do with their scope. They only want SWA employees handling their customers.

If "they" is SWA mgmt...well you are wrong, they tried and will try again to outsource to Westjet ect as they continue to evolve into just another domestic carrier.

Latest resources

Back