• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

170/175 and CRJ900

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And adding 36 new planes that come with 360 young pilots, does not increase my chances of becoming a future Delta new hire. If the planes come with pilots, that does not create any new jobs.

I guess we know what's important to you...

Please stop calling Compass pilots "young", inexperienced, or anything else in your attempt to label us inadequate for Delta Airlines. A good portion of our most junior pilots are former ATA, Aloha, Champion, UAL, and Spirit. Further, the rest of the list is populated by former ACA/Indy, Eagle, Comair, Expressjet, Republic, and Mesa pilots. In my experience it's more common to have an FO with prior captain experience than without.

Oh yeah, almost forgot about the former Navy and Air Force guys...

good post drew. all these regional guys claim main line shoud be flying the planes so they can have career progression, until it looks like they might not be invited to the party.

I don't understand all this bashing of regional airlines when some regionals are helping mainline carriers exit bankruptcy such as: part of US Airways' bankruptcy restructuring, the 25 Embraer 170s delivered to MidAtlantic were bought by Republic to help US Airways to come out of bankruptcy. Also a few of the regionals are giving multimillion dollar loans to help keep other airlines in business such as: APPLETON, Wis., Nov. 6 /PRNewswire/ -- Air Wisconsin Airlines Corporation announced today it has agreed to provide a $35 million loan to US Airways, Inc.

We are all in the airline industry is has changed as does life. We cant keep looking at the past we need to look ahead and try to be positive.

BTW, this DOES creat new jobs. It creates 360 fewer regional jobs and 360 additional mainline jobs.... that is 180+ more Delta captains. On top of all that, those 360 slots will be converted into 400-420+ by conforming to our workrules and staffing requirements. Didn't think of that, did you?
It just looks like furlough protection to me.

It is more than that. Even though flows do not work the best, as present time the DAL pilots own every seat at CPZ. This is about keeping CPZ's representational structure attached to ours, bring on the list if possible, and look at bringing those large RJ's back to mainline.
It is a net result in more better paying jobs for all pilots.
That means that people like you could get over here quicker than the prospects currently are.

Of note there are just as many DCI jets as their are mainline jets.
in 2001 there were less than 200 of them system wide. Guess where you dream mainline job went. You've got it.

Pilots seem to forget that we are only operators of a piece of equipment. It's soul job is to move people from A to B. It's a tool for the job. If the route load has decreased then the size of the equipment will decrease. If the company can still draw a large cost per seat then paying for a smaller plane will result in an increase in profit.
We (the pilots) have priced ourselves out of wages that we should command. The CEO types and B.O.D. (company) have used federal laws to reduce the pay and benefits while allowing their pocket to fill with money earned from ALL of the hard workers on property. Example: A pilot is sent packing from a nice gig flying a "large" plane at a major and to keep working goes to a "regional" flying an smaller jet just to keep working. Why not work outside the industry until your "real" job comes back? You'll most likely be receiving a better salary and be less likely to bitch about your income. We all have choices and once it is made then you have to live with it.
I don't see QOL returning for most until the economy returns to a level of comfort.
Good luck to you guys that have had you QOL ripped apart. Nothing beats going to work with a fresh outlook and smiling because life is rolling along. Keeps the stress down for sure!!

Sidebar: The 170/190 series are a lesser of two evils when it comes to the whole RJ thing. Flying in the back of either the 135/145 series or the whole CRJ series sucks!! I like the comfort of the 170/190 series.

but there is alot of resistance since XJ and OH haven't had a mainline interview or been appropriately screened. This would be the same with the other regionals, though even more hurdles.

Jesus... I don't fly for a regional anymore and find THAT offensive.....

What exactly are you alluding to Mr. Former RJ Driver? Are you saying your Delta job requires more training and a more strict interview process than your RJ job?

Jesus... I don't fly for a regional anymore and find THAT offensive.....

What exactly are you alluding to Mr. Former RJ Driver? Are you saying your Delta job requires more training and a more strict interview process than your RJ job?

In a word yes. The DAL interview has many unnecessary hoops, but they are hoops that all must jump through to get though the door here.

In a word yes. The DAL interview has many unnecessary hoops, but they are hoops that all must jump through to get though the door here.

I know about the DAL interview. My question is all the BS involved with it necessary for the safe operation of a Delta flight as opposed to an RJ flight? I'm guessing not.

I didn't even attempt to get my point across with my earlier post, which is...

The way I see it, there are three flawed attitudes at work that have hurt the profession. One is that of mainline pilots who see their job as more difficult, and or important than those of their regional counterparts. These are the types who let the small jet flying go to a regional to begin with.

Plain and simple, one cannot exist without the other. Case in point, Pan Am. Huge international presence, little domestic feed.

The second is the mainline pilot who feels that the turboprop / RJ pilot is inferior due to the type of equipment they fly. Last time I checked, you're operating the to the same airports, in the same weather, with the same kind of training requirements, in an aircraft certified under the same standards.

The third is the regional pilot who will sell their soul to fly something bigger. Anyone bidding riding around in one of those 170s, CRJ700 / 900s because it's the biggest thing they can bid is a problem.

As far as DALPA working on brand scope, it will be a huge improvement if you're successful. On the same hand, aren't you the same company that let the RJ cat out of the bag to begin with many years ago? Before you junior DAL guys get the flamethrower out about that comment, this happened before your time. Your job at Delta in many cases was made possible by your RJ time, some of which no doubt had a Delta logo on the tail.

I guess we know what's important to you...

Please stop calling Compass pilots "young", inexperienced, or anything else in your attempt to label us inadequate for Delta Airlines. A good portion of our most junior pilots are former ATA, Aloha, Champion, UAL, and Spirit. Further, the rest of the list is populated by former ACA/Indy, Eagle, Comair, Expressjet, Republic, and Mesa pilots. In my experience it's more common to have an FO with prior captain experience than without.

Oh yeah, almost forgot about the former Navy and Air Force guys...

I agree with you! But most of that prior Captain experience your F/Os have is in the left seat of a Beech Duchess! Let Delta take the planes and ditch the pilots. Then apply and come to work at Delta.

Latest resources

Back