• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

170/175 and CRJ900

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Everytime an RJ gets delivered to your company, it will take you that much longer to get to your real goal when you started this career. Which is to fly mainline equipment.

I've talked to many regional pilots who say that they got into the airlines with NO intention of trying to get on at a major and they want to make their career at the regionals.

How you interpret what I say is your deal. I find it funny that you think I am a manager or actively in the union. I just call it like I see it based on the info I have.

No I am not in first year.
What I'm saying is you always use "we" when talking about your company running cost. It was people in the GO not you. When talking about union you say we're working on, its not you, its the MEC. sorry 2nd year

Last edited:
Its not the 1st year pay, hell CAL pays $30hr 1st yr. It that when pay was negoiated for the 170/700/900, it was far lower than what a mainline would pay. Those plane are compariable to the old DC9s, F100 and the pay is close to half. The problem started when mainline was shrinking their fleet and regionals were coming in with bigger equipment and it possed a threat to their employment.

If it's not a good start, then what do you call it? Do you expect Delta to suddenly embrace all connection flying and welcome them to mainline with open arms? I don't think so. Start with a small group that's already represented by the mainline MEC to set precedent, then tackle the rest. You should be pulling for this to happen and supporting it, not hating on it because you're not part of it right away.

Yeah right. You watch, even if this is successfull, it will end there. They will not expend the time and energy to take back the other "unworthy" aircraft types.

I am 100% for all the planes going back to mainline. But they only want the bigger, pretty'r ones.

The 50 is self limiting and will not be here for too much longer. As for the 70 seaters. I would be happy to take those too. That would be an even bigger fight.
We are already fighting an uphill battle. People do not want to give away their negotiating capital to bring these jets up to mainline wages.
My response is if you don't your mainline wages will come down to the regional level.

Perhaps money isnt everything to some, and would chose to be at the top of one list, rather then at the bottom of another list making less, and in the other seat.

Smart@$$.... really? Yes I'm blowing smoke up your butt because I only want "pretty" airplanes at mainline. The only reason it's 175's currently is because that is what CPZ flies.

When it's time to start barking up the other trees to bring the rest of the 70+ seat flying back.... we'll take care of that. How about instead of sitting on the sideline and b!itching, you try to help support getting more high end jobs made available?

(We've got payrates for the "unwanted" 900 already, FYI)

Smart@$$.... really? Yes I'm blowing smoke up your butt because I only want "pretty" airplanes at mainline. The only reason it's 175's currently is because that is what CPZ flies.

When it's time to start barking up the other trees to bring the rest of the 70+ seat flying back.... we'll take care of that. How about instead of sitting on the sideline and b!itching, you try to help support getting more high end jobs made available?

(We've got payrates for the "unwanted" 900 already, FYI)

Oh, I see, only 70+ seats are worth flying. I will eat my words when I am proven wrong. In this case, I hope I am. But, it won't happen. If you get the 175's, that will be the end of it. You won't see a CRJ at mainline, not worthy.

Prove me wrong.

And adding 36 new planes that come with 360 young pilots, does not increase my chances of becoming a future Delta new hire. If the planes come with pilots, that does not create any new jobs.

We are trying to prove you wrong.. this is the first and most simple step.

Keep telling yourself the CRJ isnt worthy. When I last jumpseated on a CRJ-900, we took off weighing 82,000 pounds. The picture on airliners.net of a 900 taxiing next to a DC-9-30 makes me sick.

If this movement gets momentum (as it should... most of the senior captains I fly with are more than fired up about getting brand scope), you'll see a significant push (a la AAL) when negotiations start up again.

I've tried to push the deal with just bringing on all the wholly owned carriers with guys, but there is alot of resistance since XJ and OH haven't had a mainline interview or been appropriately screened. This would be the same with the other regionals, though even more hurdles.

BTW, this DOES creat new jobs. It creates 360 fewer regional jobs and 360 additional mainline jobs.... that is 180+ more Delta captains. On top of all that, those 360 slots will be converted into 400-420+ by conforming to our workrules and staffing requirements. Didn't think of that, did you?

I say again.. this is the first step of many. Let's make this the career that we dreamed of having when we were kids.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back