170/175 and CRJ900

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sir, simply put, you are dead wrong.
We have looked at it from a lot of sides. The quickest way to get this ball rolling is with CPZ and the E-jets. It is for legal reasons.
I know Joe Merchant will chime in here how the Ford-Cookseylawsuit helped save his RJ career, but it did a lot more damaging things.
See that lawsuit caused a lot of issues. Fact is that EV and OH fly the CRJ series. They were the ones that "benefited" from that lawsuit. They are represented by ALPA as DALPA is. We have a few more steps to get those 900's on property than we do with the E jets. It comes down to a representational issues.
We know for a fact that Joe's friend from OH will slap a lawsuit on DALPA/ALPA when we advance on their CRJ turf. We are aware. But, we will be working for those too.
It is not that it is an inferior product. The E-jet is more passenger friendly, but more costly to operate. So from a business perspective the CRJ makes a better business case for us. Just trust Peanuckle and I when we say we are doing everything we can do to do our part in brining back scope.
It will be a long road. But one we are willing to fight. They way I see it If you do not have a good section 1 then the rest of our CBA is not worth the paper it is written on.
Joe and his friends know there are people over here with good minds that are going to fight for this.
Aren't you in your first year at DL, yet you always say 'we' like you're a manager of the company, and now you're saying I'm going to get scope back. I think that you really think you run DL. Good luck running the union and DL. How will you make all these changes when flying a 170 at Compass next year?

This is a funny argument, everyone rips these guys for taking a job flying a large RJ for 25 dollars an hour.

Let me ask you this, where exactly do you expect them to start out? I did it, I went to Eagle made around 55K total for two years of service there. But I used the time I built to land a six figure job making more then most mainline guys. So I will never ever regret flying an RJ on mainline routes for 25 bucks an hour, and I will never tell someone that they should not either.

Aren't you in your first year at DL, yet you always say 'we' like you're a manager of the company, and now you're saying I'm going to get scope back. I think that you really think you run DL. Good luck running the union and DL. How will you make all these changes when flying a 170 at Compass next year?

How you interpret what I say is your deal. I find it funny that you think I am a manager or actively in the union. I just call it like I see it based on the info I have.

No I am not in first year.

Why do the mainline people really care about the 170/175 being a mainline plane so much? It is the same thing as a crj900.
Is it because it has slides and engines under the wing?
Its still an RJ... stop the b$tching already!

Because most mainline crews and frequent fliers don't like the CRJ Jets because they are so uncomfortable to be in for any length of time. Although small improvements came to the CRJ9700/900 - the CRJ brand has a bad reputation for passenger comfort (due to its design and shear numbers of CRJs flying out there over Embraer products).

The few 170/175/190s have much larger seats, leg room, and padding in the seat itself. Embraer made similar economical and ergonomical decisions when it designed the EMB135,140,145 series.

If you are a CRJ driver or whatever you fly- just ignore the comments. There is always going to be a plane that is better than yours.

Because most mainline crews and frequent fliers don't like the CRJ Jets because they are so uncomfortable to be in for any length of time. Although small improvements came to the CRJ9700/900 - the CRJ brand has a bad reputation for passenger comfort (due to its design and shear numbers of CRJs flying out there over Embraer products).

The few 170/175/190s have much larger seats, leg room, and padding in the seat itself. Embraer made similar economical and ergonomical decisions when it designed the EMB135,140,145 series.

If you are a CRJ driver or whatever you fly- just ignore the comments. There is always going to be a plane that is better than yours.

Nobody cares which airplane is better than the other. It's irrelevant, really, except to make underpaid RJ drivers feel better about their life.

The point is, they're all 50-76 seat turbojets, and they really should never have been flown by "regional" pilots for a sub-B scale.

You guys really like flying an 86,000 pound airplane for 25 bucks an hour?

10 years ago the same size airplane was flown for 140 bucks an hour in the right seat. Why don't we start trying to make this a career that people strive to be in again instead of not being able to afford to do anything?

Amen, brother!!! Well put!

How you interpret what I say is your deal. I find it funny that you think I am a manager or actively in the union. I just call it like I see it based on the info I have.

No I am not in first year.

Dont worry ACL, some people just want to sit on the sidelines and point fingers at people and others want in the game to try and call the plays. If more people would get into the game we would have a better chance at changing the outcome. So far the team is growing and those on the sidelines just look more and more like waterboys. ;)

You guys will never fix the problem unless you get all the RJs and large T-props back where they belong. And don't give me this crap about it being a "good start". That is so transparent.

If it's not a good start, then what do you call it? Do you expect Delta to suddenly embrace all connection flying and welcome them to mainline with open arms? I don't think so. Start with a small group that's already represented by the mainline MEC to set precedent, then tackle the rest. You should be pulling for this to happen and supporting it, not hating on it because you're not part of it right away.

You guys really like flying an 86,000 pound airplane for 25 bucks an hour?

10 years ago the same size airplane was flown for 140 bucks an hour in the right seat. Why don't we start trying to make this a career that people strive to be in again instead of not being able to afford to do anything?

Beats working in a cubicle or being a CFI.
Money can't buy you happiness. But the view from FL 350 can make you very happy.

Latest resources

Back