• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

1261 days to go!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just flew with a guy who is 61. Full NAVY Pension, and has 20+ years at UAL, not ONE ounce of care about the 100's soon to be 1000's we have on Furlough!

THEY DON'T CARE! PIGS TO THE TROUGH!

OINK OINK OINK!

No Country For Old Men...GET THE F UCK OUT OF MY SEAT!

Wow. The sense of entitlement out of you jackasses is amazing. "Hurry up and quit so I can have your job." Are you listening to what you're saying? If you're so worried about the guys behind you on the street, why don't you quit? For that matter, when you hit 60 you better damn sure retire after statements like that.

Guys at age 60-65 that have any seniority right now are dealing with lost pensions that were promised to them, that they invested into, and were depending on. Mostly lost by poor management, coupled with making as little as 40% of what they were 8-10 years ago. Before you could probably do more than occupy space and MAYBE sling the gear. 65 for them, means a few more years to recoup some loss. 65 for you mean another 5 years to fatten your retirement. For fvcks sake get over it already.

A friendly reminder to those working towards retirement, on furlough, getting off reserve, getting hired, and negotiating contracts. 1261 days until mandatory retirement becomes effective again!

1261 more days of surfing, working at the ski area, and hitting on women with good jobs.

Wow. The sense of entitlement out of you jackasses is amazing. "Hurry up and quit so I can have your job." Are you listening to what you're saying? If you're so worried about the guys behind you on the street, why don't you quit? For that matter, when you hit 60 you better damn sure retire after statements like that.

Guys at age 60-65 that have any seniority right now are dealing with lost pensions that were promised to them, that they invested into, and were depending on. Mostly lost by poor management, coupled with making as little as 40% of what they were 8-10 years ago. Before you could probably do more than occupy space and MAYBE sling the gear. 65 for them, means a few more years to recoup some loss. 65 for you mean another 5 years to fatten your retirement. For fvcks sake get over it already.

So the rest of the industry (YOUNGER pilots) have to pay for this misfortune? Get off your 55-62 year old high-horse and realize there's good reason for people to be pissed!

I agree with an earlier post, if they did it right, it would've been somehow grandfathered-in. Overnight 60-65 screwed thousands and thousands! Shouldn't have been done at all!

Last edited:
So the rest of the industry (YOUNGER pilots) have to pay for this misfortune? Get off your 55-62 year old high-horse and realize there's good reason for people to be pissed!

I agree with an earlier post, if they did it right, it would've been somehow grandfathered-in. Overnight 60-65 screwed thousands and thousands! Shouldn't have been done at all!

How exactly are you paying for it? As near as I can tell, you've got another 5 years you get to work, with which to make MORE money. Plus you won't be spending those five years trying to recoup your nest egg.

And my high horse is only 30. I actually left the 121 world to go Mil.

Oh, Go Gators!

Did it ever occur to you that many of us don't want to work that extra five years, but now we have to if we want to get the same number of years in the left seat that we would have gotten if the retirement age hadn't changed?

How exactly are you paying for it? As near as I can tell, you've got another 5 years you get to work, with which to make MORE money. Plus you won't be spending those five years trying to recoup your nest egg.

And my high horse is only 30. I actually left the 121 world to go Mil.

Oh, Go Gators!

Go Gators!

I left mil to go 121, at times I wish I hadn't. If your 30, and was still in this 121 $hithole as it is right now, you'd understand. 5 years of expected retiring gone thus, hardly any upgrades (regionals aside) and people getting furloughed who wouldn't have been with age 60. That is the point. Many people are happy about 65, many,many more are unhappy! If you have a good gig in the MIL, stay, stay, stay!

Go Gators!

I left mil to go 121, at times I wish I hadn't. If your 30, and was still in this 121 $hithole as it is right now, you'd understand. 5 years of expected retiring gone thus, hardly any upgrades (regionals aside) and people getting furloughed who wouldn't have been with age 60. That is the point. Many people are happy about 65, many,many more are unhappy! If you have a good gig in the MIL, stay, stay, stay!

...or come to the 121 world and then brag about how you're immediately going out on Mil Leave and hence avoiding all the worst years as a junior F/O!

Latest resources

Back