• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

1261 days to go!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1 hr, 40 min until 1254. It's the "Undaunted Ticker." I'm on this like a duck on a June bug for the next 4 years. I'll eventually be as big of a dousch as Gen Gen. This thread and "Diareahea on a Freigher" will live forever.

Sorry, I still like "Geezer Meter."

1 hr, 40 min until 1254. It's the "Undaunted Ticker." I'm on this like a duck on a June bug for the next 4 years. I'll eventually be as big of a dousch as Gen Gen. This thread and "Diareahea on a Freigher" will live forever.

Good on ya.

And hopefully you'll never have to fly with that gap-toothed, disgraceful POS Paul Emens.

Just checked on go daddy and GeezerMeter.com is available for 9.95 per year. I say we all pitch in and register it. If anyone on here is a web designer, they can design a web page that shows a giant clock counting down till Dec 2012.

Everyone just calls names and argues their side without any data to back their argument. The young guys say get out of my way and the baby boomers say shut up, I will make more money and you can work five more years also so you shouldn’t complain. It is true the baby boomers will get to work longer and make more money however it will be at the cost of generations to come.
Here is the logic. I will give three scenarios. All will be of a 30 year old regional captain. Scenario #1 will be if said person got hired at a major airline today and the old age 60 rule was still enforced. Scenario #2 he will not get hired at a major airline for another 5 years however he will retire at 65. Scenario #3 he will not get hired at a major airline for another 5 years but will retire early at age 60.
I’ll use rough average numbers $100,000/yr FO and $170,000/yr Captain.
Scenario #1.
$1,000,000 10yrs FO
$3,400,000 20yrs Captain
=
$4.4 million
Scenario #2
$350,000 5yrs regional Captain
$1,000,000 10yrs FO
$3,400,000 20yrs Captain
=
$4.75 million
Scenario #3
$350,000 5yrs regional Captain
$1,000,000 10yrs FO
$2,550,000 15yrs Captain
=
$3.9 million
So yes the baby boomers are right you can work five more years however you won’t make more money. If this person wants to retire at age 60 he will make half a million dollars less than pre age 65 days. Or he can work until 63 and make the same amount, basically working 3 years for free.

So about 300 more days till some SWA pilot's grumble about 65 being unfair and a push for 70 starts. Lifevests and depends will soon be stored under the left seat.

Exactly. Those greedy f*&^%&! pigs will have finished craming their pie holes with cake(have it and eat it too!) and will start craving some more to steal.

It makes me laugh how those who think 65 is such a bad idea. They never think they will ever been in that position. Im 42 and very glad that they extended the age.

Latest resources

Back