• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How about the "Undaunted Ticker?"

:) :) :)

Love it!

The day will come, can't be stopped. What I'm going to enjoy the most: We'll be right back to where we were just before it changed to 65. Prater will write another article about "the FO who get's it", there will be handwringing and teary eyed, frail pilots who will beg and plead for more relief. There won't be an ounce of regard for them. And there won't be any jobs either! 65 is officially too old.

How about the "Greed Grapher"? That way it works for both opinions.

Brown----ignore. Great, got that out of the way.

I fear the debate isn't over. I think it was Air Transport Weekly, but some idiot wrote in whining about being forced to retire, and how the Age 65 rule wasn't fair either.

This was in my mind when guys were decrying Age 60 as an "arbitrary number". How is 65 any different?

I sincerely hope these guys call it a day and a career at 65.

And some agency over in Europe is looking at seventy so.....don't be surprised

A friendly reminder to those working towards retirement, on furlough, getting off reserve, getting hired, and negotiating contracts. 1261 days until mandatory retirement becomes effective again!

Timely post....I have the "Statement of Intent" in hand to go back active duty for another 4 years. That should just about eat that 1261 up!

Just flew with a guy who is 61. Full NAVY Pension, and has 20+ years at UAL, not ONE ounce of care about the 100's soon to be 1000's we have on Furlough!

THEY DON'T CARE! PIGS TO THE TROUGH!

OINK OINK OINK!

I'm 20+ years till 65 and I'm all for it. It'll easily be an extra $2 MILLION in pay for what will be essentially a part time job! Bottom line is it's easy money for working less than half of the extra 5 years.

I'm 20+ years till 65 and I'm all for it. It'll easily be an extra $2 MILLION in pay for what will be essentially a part time job! Bottom line is it's easy money for working less than half of the extra 5 years.

As long as it gives you a "FARE chance to Susceed."

YOU IDIOT.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back