• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

10 ex freedom 900's go to asa not mesaba

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wonder how the displacements will pan out this time. If those lucky dogs at the bottom of the 700 captain list will get to keep their seats.

There are already 19 (I think) displaced 50 captains to FO that are senior to the bottom 12 700 captains.

There are already 19 (I think) displaced 50 captains to FO that are senior to the bottom 12 700 captains.

I hate to say it but I wish it were me. It may suck to go back to the right seat but you make 700 CA pay and hold a sweet line. Yeah, you don't get to play with the tiller but the pay check it still better. I'd let that one lie there. Why screw over someone else's paycheck when everyone is still getting paid?

Well I guess this means the 5th class cancelled for me since being furloughed by XJT:beer:

I hate to say it but I wish it were me. It may suck to go back to the right seat but you make 700 CA pay and hold a sweet line. Yeah, you don't get to play with the tiller but the pay check it still better. I'd let that one lie there. Why screw over someone else's paycheck when everyone is still getting paid?

Ah, but what if you are hoping to move on to somewhere else someday? Paycheck may look like PIC, but the logbook isn't showing it.

Last edited:
I don't think you're getting it. They are doing everything in their power to keep us at each others throats for the lowest cost DAL can achieve.

Skywest Inc has DAL handcuffed into some long term contracts thanks to GG. Anderson is smart, he wants to get rid of a lot of 50 seaters. Therefore, he is dangling a carrot and got a bite. It will happen again soon to some more regionals. I don't want to see furloughs, I've been through one, but expect more deals like this.

Where did I miss the part that these -900's were going to Mesaba? They are now at Pinnacle, then were they to go to Mesaba??? Not saying it's not true, I just never heard of these airplanes going to Mesaba. ASA needs -900's but I wouldn't get to happy until a Company press release/email is announced at ASA. With a loss now of another 10 aircraft plus the 12 ATR's and the single -700 we are not gaining anything from this. We'll see, but we must get into the -900 flying to keep us competitive.

Skywest Inc has DAL handcuffed into some long term contracts thanks to GG. Anderson is smart, he wants to get rid of a lot of 50 seaters. Therefore, he is dangling a carrot and got a bite. It will happen again soon to some more regionals. I don't want to see furloughs, I've been through one, but expect more deals like this.

Ding Ding Ding, we have another winner

Latest resources

Back